Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Assessment for Swiss International Airlines

I received an invitation for an assessment day with Swiss and I am looking for ways to prepare for it. The assessment includes multiple parts, two of which are devices to test monitoring skills, multitasking and pilot skills. I have a simulator at my disposal (Prepar3d) but I cannot simulate the types of tasks for the assessment software. I know from a friend who did one of these tasks that Swiss themselves know that passing that test without preparation is close to impossible but with experience can become relatively simple.

Does anyone have experience with Swiss? Aside from general hints I am interested in:

• Do they ask ATPL theory questions during the interview part?
  • Is there a way (e.g. software or preparation courses) to prepare for the ICA/DCA test?
  • Is there a way (e.g. software or preparation courses) to prepare for the PIT test?
LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

A pilot that I know got recently hired by one of the major Scandinavian air carriers. That pilot used this service: https://www.latestpilotjobs.com/interviews/index.html which was also recommended to him/her by other pilots already working at big carriers.

However, I don’t see Swiss in their list, but you might not lose anything giving them a phone call and asking.

ESME, ESMS

Answering my question partly: I found this site where there is some software for the two tests. There are also other preparation materials but I currently cannot judge if they are worth for my first assessment day.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

For Swiss I suggest skytest, vimana and the cbt they give you – or even a dedicated prep course if you are new to airline asessments (e.g. s&p in HAM). Depending on the rules currently in place (they change) be aware that a negative swiss stage 1 can lock you out of most other LH group airlines (for life!).

always learning
LO__, Austria

Check ILS flightforum – swiss based and they can answer all your questions.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Assessment Preparation for Swiss International Air Lines in 2023

Does anyone know what the assessment for a Ready Entry First Officer at Swiss consists of these days? Any preparation materials you can recommend?

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Flightforum (ILS) is where you want to be.

always learning
LO__, Austria

With any modern airline, and quotas, convincing gender reassignment is the way to go

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What happened between 2018 and now?

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Dan wrote:

What happened between this Assessment for Swiss International Airlines and now?

I can think of 5 years, COVID, new assessors, new rules… Hence the question.

[ identical threads merged ]

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message