Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Does a 61.75 FAA PPL need a BFR

Jay-CFI wrote:

2/ You fly on a US registered aircraft with a US license issued on the basis on your “national” license:

I would agree, iIf you mean flying an N registered aircraft within the country that the national license is issued, but not so if you are flying an N registered aircraft in a country that did not issue your national license. The piggy back 61.75 licence use outside of the country in which the national license is used depends on both being valid and use of the 61.75 license is required to act as PIC of the N registered aircraft outside of the country in which the national license is issued.

KUZA, United States

A person is only excepted from the § 61.56(c) requirements if the person has (1) within the period specified in paragraph (c) of § 61.56, passed a pilot proficiency check conducted by an examiner, an approved pilot check airman, or a U.S. Armed Force, for a pilot certificate, rating, or operating privilege;

Does the annual EASA IR revalidation or biannual EAA SEP/MEP rating revalidation serve this purpose? (ie pilot proficiency check by an examiner)

Last Edited by Antonio at 31 Jan 22:37
Antonio
LESB, Spain

Antonio wrote:

Does the annual EASA IR revalidation or biannual EAA SEP/MEP rating revalidation serve this purpose? (ie pilot proficiency check by an examiner)

No. It is a ride for a US certificate, rating or endorsement etc.

EGTK Oxford

Bordeaux_Jim wrote:

Also a couple of stories of N reg aircraft being grounded due to the absence of an FAA BFR in the pilot’s logbook.

I’d be interested in the details of how this was enforced, given that the pilot is not required to carry his logbook on board….. assuming that the stories pertain to an aircraft under way on a trip somewhere.

LSZK, Switzerland

Thx Jason!

Antonio
LESB, Spain
Important information for FAA airmen certificate holders

Holders of FAA airmen certificates issued on the basis of a UK licence where the UK licence number does not follow this example: GBR.FCL.PP.123456A.A should check the guidance on the CAA website if they have already applied for a UK licence issue or conversion.

These applicants will have to travel to the US for their FAA airman certificate to be reissued, if they have not provided all required documentation to the UK CAA in person by 14 September 2018.

Pilots going to the Sywell LAA Rally (31 August – 2 September) can bring their application form SRG2110 with all documentation (originals and photocopies) to the UK CAA stand.

UK CAA Skywise Notification SW2018/136 date 11 JUL 2018 available at http://skywise.caa.co.uk/important-information-for-faa-airmen-certificate-holders/

The UK CAA guidance referenced in the above notice can be viewed at: http://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-industry/Pilot-licences/Applications/Jurisdictions/FAA-certificates-for-UK-licences/

London, United Kingdom

Is it still possible to make the flight review in Europe to get your FAA certification valid every second year?
So I can fly legal on my FAA Piggyback in an N-Reg aircraft?

[ @Darkfixer post moved to existing thread ]

ESMS, ESML, Sweden

Yes; you need an FAA CFI or CFII.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

As Peter says: I did my BFR with a French FAA CFI earlier this year. I would also have done an FAA IPC here, but as it happens I visited the US and did it with my (former) instructor over there.

LFMD, France

Can the Flight Review with an FAA CFI be done in an EASA reg aircraft?

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message