Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Does a 61.75 FAA PPL need a BFR

Silvaire wrote:

FAR 61.56 which covers FAA flight reviews does not state that they must be done in a US registered aircraft

Further, 14 CFR 61.51 (j) explicitly allows time to be logged in non–US-registered aircraft.

London, United Kingdom

The pilot is legal to fly the aircraft as PIC and in doing so is conducting the airborne portion of an FAA flight review with an FAA CFI on board. Where it occurs and the registry of the aircraft are irrelevant to FAA.

Thanks. To clarify, the below works?

Objective: FAA Flight Review
“Student”: Legal to fly EASA reg. airplane
FAA CFI: Joins “Student” to conduct flight review

always learning
LO__, Austria

I did mine in an F-reg.

LFMD, France

Correct; you can do flight training or checkrides for FAA in any aircraft reg anywhere in the world.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Can the Flight Review with an FAA CFI be done in an EASA reg aircraft?

The pilot needs to be legal to fly the plane within the regs of its state of registry but FAR 61.56 which covers FAA flight reviews does not state that they must be done in a US registered aircraft.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 07 Sep 20:40

Can the Flight Review with an FAA CFI be done in an EASA reg aircraft?

always learning
LO__, Austria

As Peter says: I did my BFR with a French FAA CFI earlier this year. I would also have done an FAA IPC here, but as it happens I visited the US and did it with my (former) instructor over there.

LFMD, France

Yes; you need an FAA CFI or CFII.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Is it still possible to make the flight review in Europe to get your FAA certification valid every second year?
So I can fly legal on my FAA Piggyback in an N-Reg aircraft?

[ @Darkfixer post moved to existing thread ]

ESMS, ESML, Sweden
56 Posts
Sign in to add your message