Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

USA seller’s market: are we reaching Peak Cherokee

Just saw a plane listed in November 2021 online again for sale, this time with a 50% increase in asking price (needless to say, nothing changed, plane specs are unchanged).

Crazy!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Maybe the owner is getting divorced. He will get a much better deal that way

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Snoopy wrote:

Just saw a plane listed in November 2021 online again for sale, this time with a 50% increase in asking price (needless to say, nothing changed, plane specs are unchanged).

Crazy!

Pretty much what happens if there is a shortage on goods.

Fact is: Anyone who wants to get OUT of ownership has got the best chances since a long time to get at least most of their investment back now, than 2 years ago.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Someone asks 99k€ for a VFR F172N with 1300+ engine hours.
planecheck_F_GBQQ_53094_pdf

LFOU, France

I’m selling stuff that I don’t really want at the moment, its proving to be an ideal time to ‘thin the herd’ My $4200 for a $600 mini-bike deal went through last weekend, paid with a stack of $100 bills, and I’m now looking around to see what’s next.

I won’t sell my plane because I only have one, and because I don’t anticipate the aircraft market crashing particularly hard. Selling property is tempting but the capital gains tax penalty is a disincentive and rents (which are less volatile than sales prices) are rising substantially. We’ll see.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 05 Apr 14:00

Someone really needs to sell this https://www.planecheck.com/?ent=da&id=52742

planecheck_N5RC_52742_pdf

Last Edited by Snoopy at 08 May 07:25
always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Someone really needs to sell this

Needs a lot of avionic work practically imediately (Mode S, 8.33) and a pretty thorough PPI with an engine over 12 years which only has done 400 hours in that time. So the worth of the cell and the engine only, the latter being on condition. Not sure if i.e. it can be made EASA reg while the engine is over TBO time. Avionics are useless and need to be replaced completely.

Question will also be, it’s in Denmark so will the VAT form be reckognized?

Otherwise, it can be a very neat snap up for someone who wants a fixer upper or simply an easy plane to fly.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

So the worth of the cell and the engine only, the latter being on condition.

Yes, however those factors didn’t preclude substantially higher asking prices in the last 2 years. It looks like the peak has occurred and prices are going down again (more planes coming to market)?!

Not sure if i.e. it can be made EASA reg while the engine is over TBO time.

It can. Declared AMP by owner.

Question will also be, it’s in Denmark so will the VAT form be reckognized?

Only read rumors about this. Definitely something to watch out for.
always learning
LO__, Austria

And another one.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Someone really needs to sell this https://www.planecheck.com/?ent=da&id=52742

planecheck_N5RC_52742_pdf

Now down to €20,000. A 50% drop!

EIMH, Ireland
Sign in to add your message