Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

USA seller’s market: are we reaching Peak Cherokee

My post is semi tongue in cheek and I’d never sell mine even if it was the peak as I have spent years sorting it out, new paint, new upholstery etc!

United Kingdom

Nope, buying, together with one or perhaps two friends. Right now plans on hold as it appears that @Archer-181 is correct.

Yay 😁 Lemme guys, a twin?

always learning
LO__, Austria

No, not yet. In any case I have one – a BE55 – at my disposal, so don’t need to own that right now. We were initially looking at C210s, but my ‘partner in crime’ is too low hours for a halfway reasonable insurance quote for these. Now looking at the 4-cylinder Cessna RGs, 172 or 177. Would suit me fine for a local / short x-country machine.

That said, I’m definitely looking at MEP in the medium term. No Beech, though. Too tight inside and too expensive to maintain.

always learning
LO__, Austria

200k for a Warrior 3. They’ll get that, I’m sure.

The school I finished my PPL at bought a 2010 Warrior 3 with 2x IFD 440s and a new engine for £150k a year ago. Newest one in the UK, and it was nice flying something that smelled new inside.

United Kingdom

Dutch tulips.

Or this.

5300 hours of PPL students smashing it onto the runway…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

230k is ridiculous for this avionics museum. That’s close to the new price.

always learning
LO__, Austria

IO390 wrote:

200k for a Warrior 3. They’ll get that, I’m sure.

The school I finished my PPL at bought a 2010 Warrior 3 with 2x IFD 440s and a new engine for £150k a year ago. Newest one in the UK, and it was nice flying something that smelled new inside.

Hm. My club has a 10300 hr Archer II with a recent interior and Garmin avionics retrofit (only the A/P and DME are “old”). 1300 hrs on the engine and prop. All ADs and SBs complied with. An aircraft broker estimated the value to be about €90k, VAT paid.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

My club has a 10300 hr Archer II with a recent interior and Garmin avionics retrofit (only the A/P and DME are “old”). 1300 hrs on the engine and prop. All ADs and SBs complied with. An aircraft broker estimated the value to be about €90k, VAT paid.

What year is the Archer2?

It’s not a Warrior3 it’s an Arche2 the Warrior trainers (and Cessna trainers) are highly valued in UK, I have seen few selling more than Arrows & Dakotas…

I am inclined to think a 2010 Warrior3 should deserve 150k£ value? but who would buy one for private use, it’s slow & boring? for the same price you would get a full blown shinny 1979 Arrow !

A 1998 Warrior3 at 200k£ is different, it’s called optical illusion

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

What year is the Archer2?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message