Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Piper PA28 Owner/Pilots of EuroGA

“(with a CFI of course)”
Try the roundout at altitude to see if you have a problem.
Would the CFI be able to save the low-altitude situation if you couldn’t round out?
Would he let you do it?

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

I picked up some ice in my slab wing PA28 last weekend. Not much and had no effect. I descended into out of IMC and into warmer air and it melted soon enough.

Does anyone know which wing type carries ice better. The slab wing or the later tapered example?

Does anyone know which wing type carries ice better. The slab wing or the later tapered example?

The difference is very marginal for icing on descents…we can debate on climbs and cruise but without idea on excess power these questions are moot

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

That one looks really nice and correctly priced (a na arrow 3). Had I the cash,…
https://www.planecheck.com/?ent=da&id=54887
planecheck_OY_CJB_54887_pdf

LFMD, France

Does anyone know why the Arrow wasn’t marketed with an (I)O-540? It would be the next logical step, and the Pathfinder and Dakota airframes had the carburated version. Maybe to not compete with the Comanche? Would the nosewheel retraction interfere with the extra cylinders? Or was the Turbo Arrow deemed enough?

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

A comparison of PA28 wings from an ex-Cessna assistant professor. I’m not into the Hershey/taper wing controversy, but found the engineering perspective interesting.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Nice link, thanks!

EDHN, EDDV, Germany

Interesting read!

always learning
LO__, Austria
48 Posts
Sign in to add your message