Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

AIR BP refueling - big charges from 1st Jan 2021

Silvaire wrote:

Fees on fuel purchases are silly and manipulative

It is what we are used to but those are just different methods of pricing. If I quote manufacturers for certain manufacture they quote me x Euro to set up the machine and y Euro per piece. Or restaurants in Italy which charge 2 Euro for the coperto but then the consumption is a little cheaper while restaurants in Germany distribute that cost over all the prices through in the menu.
In general the hidden fees put an incentive on small purchases while the open fees are in favour of big volume purchases.

At EDDH airport you can actually do both. There is one vendor which just charges by the liter and the other which charges a high hook up but then much less per liter. Depending on how much we need we take one or the other.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

I’m based at LSZH and this is what I received:
https://www.bp.com/en/global/air-bp/customers/fees/fees-switzerland.html

I am not thrilled about this, to say the least. It looks like Air BP are sticking up their middle finger to GA.

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 01 Dec 21:54

I’m reminded of the Munich S-Bahn payment menu, for which you need a specialized PhD to determine the least expensive way for two people to take a 20 minute ride.

Or for that matter my US personal tax preparation, which costs $600 a year.

Nonsense that results from lack of competitive pressure to force a commodity system to transparent efficiency.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 01 Dec 23:50

Buying from Highland Aviation, (small trailer bowser) at EGPE Inverness on 29/11 was reasonable priced Avgas per litre, paid by debit card. No extras.
My tank is 100L total.
The BP Concessionaire, ( big bowser) only takes the BP card. Nothing else.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Rwy20 wrote:

It looks like Air BP are sticking up their middle finger to GA.

I don’t know. The hookup fee in particular doesn’t apply to self-service. In Sweden at least, all BP AVGAS is sold at self-service stations. I’m actually more annoyed that BP requires separate cards for AVGAS 100LL and AVGAS UL91.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

I don’t know. The hookup fee in particular doesn’t apply to self-service. In Sweden at least, all BP AVGAS is sold at self-service stations. I’m actually more annoyed that BP requires separate cards for AVGAS 100LL and AVGAS UL91.

Unfortunately not. I am unsure about ESSA and ESGG, but BP AVGAS at ESMS is sold via fuel truck and involves a 1 000 SEK (!) hook-up fee. 10x the amount mentioned above… Hook-up fees at ESSA and ESGG are “bargains” at 650 SEK and 750 SEk respectively

Last Edited by AndersB at 02 Dec 08:30
ESOW, Sweden

70€ hook-up fee at LSZH ????

To the contrary, BP only delivers with bowsers at Deauville.
And these different cards for different fuels are non-sense too. Total cards are fuel specific and France-only.

Europe and GA in particular completely lack any business sense.
LFPN could have 2 or more FBOs competing. Instead, Total is the only fuel provider and the truck takes 30 minutes to come

Take mobile operators. In France we need 4 to have some competition. With 2 or 3, they (illegaly) coordinate their prices.
Generally, competition is somehow non-natural to the French mind. It was balanced by the pride of working well but that disappeared during the 20th century.

The solution is Warter and independant stations (direct credit-card, like Abbeville or Aubenas).

LFOU, France

Personally I would not have chosen the phrase “hook up”

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

AndersB wrote:

Unfortunately not. I am unsure about ESSA and ESGG, but BP AVGAS at ESMS is sold via fuel truck and involves a 1 000 SEK (!) hook-up fee. 10x the amount mentioned above… Hook-up fees at ESSA and ESGG are “bargains” at 650 SEK and 750 SEk respectively

Are you sure that BP is selling AVGAS at ESSA, ESGG and ESMS? Those locations are not on BP’s web page.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I don’t know. The hookup fee in particular doesn’t apply to self-service.

There is no self serve fuel at LSZH. And yes, have you looked at the fees here? If not look again and tell me if you still “don’t know”.

Sign in to add your message