Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spain - October 31 Pamplona LEPP 2015

Would anyone be interested?

I can’t do the 3/4 Oct weekend.

Due to the weather at this time of the year, and IMHO there being zero point in doing a “scenic” visit unless the wx is really good, it would have to be a short-notice trip, maybe just 48hrs.

I am looking at Spain since it is one of the few GA-accessible destinations where you can still get good warm wx late into the year. I have done a number of such trips down there e.g. Zaragoza, Salamanca, Granada, Valencia, Barcelona.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Interested. Last 3 weekends of October would work best for me.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Interested as well. What about Mallorca?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Mallorca is a slight hassle because it has two airports

• one with avgas and no customs
  • one with customs and no avgas

I would not do Mallorca myself – already been there. I like the “old” Spanish cities – they are very scenic. My practical range limit from Shoreham is Granada, which is great but I have done it and probably it is too far for most people. Would anyone be able to suggest a nice place like that, apart from Barcelona or Valencia? I haven’t done any of the places along the N Spanish coast (Santander and along there).

Administrator

Burgos (LEBG) or Valladolid (LEVD).
Apparently Palma with so much Arab heritage is not old enough for Peter
Weather probably tricky on the Spanish north coast that time of year, or even any time of year.. It’s as green as England..

Last Edited by aart at 21 Sep 17:37

You could try Empuria. IIRC its about 720m won’t have customs but if you like boats its well worth a visit

EGCV, United Kingdom

FWIW, I may not be able to do last 2 weeks in October, due to staff holidays. Not sure yet though.

Palma (Mallorca) was nice but I have been there already

Administrator

Peter, Emir,
Shall we keep week of the 12th open then, and decide at short notice?
I’d still vote for Burgos or Valladolid if you are looking for traditional Spanish cities and a place where the weather will likely be good.
Anyone else interested? It’s a short hop for our friends in Madrid or North-Western Spain on this forum!
Jojo, come show us the Red Rocker!

I would vote November and ideally Barcelona, as am planning to reprise my earlier Super Cub trip from Andrewsfield. Routing back via Burgos and San Sebastián or Bilbao always an option.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Hi Aart ,

I would be interested, yes

Bordeaux
100 Posts
Sign in to add your message