Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

After 450 hours, last flight in it for me...

Adam,

I would estimate that they are on the program, but I will ask Alex when I next talk to him. Of course it won’t make a difference as I will never be able to afford something like this.

AdamFrisch wrote:

Without it, you would pretty much have to scrap the plane at overhaul.

Or find other engines which have time left.

Actually, if they now have 1300 hrs, can they be enrolled into the program if they are not? With a 5000 hr TBO they have still more than 70% of their allowance. And then, who would fly that airplane that much? 2000 hrs would mean somewhere around 10-15years for most people, 5000 hrs mean a lot more. .

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

my current dream plane for Single pilot ops is right on the market now…

If you’re saying you’re dreaming — why go for an old heap of garbage in ugly condition? A dream doesn’t have limits, does it? A 1970s Citation is scrap metal, even if you bolt on newer engines…

They can be enrolled in the program, but you have to pay down to zero hours, they give no credit if it’s been on the program before. At 1300hrs time $300-ish, you’re looking at $390K just to join the program…

Achima, might be an old “heap”, but the Sierra Eagle II conversion is probably the best bang for buck in jet world if you need long range. You will not be able to find many jets below say $5million that can deliver the same performance.

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 29 Oct 15:26

AdamFrisch wrote:

Achima, might be an old “heap”, but the Sierra Eagle II conversion is probably the best bang for buck in jet world if you need long range. You will not be able to find many jets below say $5million that can deliver the same performance.

Other than a CJ2/2+/3/3+….

EGTK Oxford

achimha wrote:

If you’re saying you’re dreaming — why go for an old heap of garbage in ugly condition? A dream doesn’t have limits, does it? A 1970s Citation is scrap metal, even if you bolt on newer engines…

Actually I think the Sierra Eagle II is probably the only SP jet with this kind of range. And that has a huge appeal to me. 2000 NM range is transatlantic. If you check out the distances over the NATL: Westbound you can almost always do Shannon-St.Johns and eastbount from St.Johns you can get as far as Jersey. Or Munich Hurghada? 1650 NM. And the performance figures are not bad either, a lot better than the original Citation. This animal is quite a different thing than an ordinary 501.

Cruises FL370 with 383KTAS using 120GAL/800Ibs/h total.
Cruises FL410 with 375KTAS using 112GAL/750Ibs/h total.
Cruises FL430 with 364KTAS using 96GAL/640Ibs/h total.

Apart, call me old fashioned, but I kinda like the 747 style Flight Director / HSI. As a single pilot plane, what do I care what the cabin looks like, even though it’s not that bad. I don’t think my wife would mind the couch if we are to sit in this thing for 6 hours :) And my little one would have plenty of room to wander around. Much more you can’t take on board anyhow with that kind of weight.

Which other SP jet can do this? I don’t know any.

regarding Mooney Drivers dream…

http://www.austrianaviation.net/detail/klagenfurt-insolvenzantrag-gegen-europ-star-aircraft/ (german only)
http://www.planecheck.com/?ent=da&id=36205

i guess they are somehow related to each other….

Last Edited by luckymaaa at 29 Oct 17:41

I’ll go for something a bit more fun.. L39 Albatross..

JasonC wrote:

Other than a CJ2/2+/3/3+….

They don’t really have same range, although close. Except for the CJ3+ but that one is hard to get under $5million.

Jason – is it this one? It’s already in the UK….

CJ3

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 29 Oct 19:55

I heard a rumour that JC was looking for a bushplane in which to fetch his Sunday newspaper and pint of milk from the village shop, but that shouldn’t preclude some kind of suborbital rocket ship in which to zap from one place where nobody wants to be to another.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

luckymaaa wrote:

i guess they are somehow related to each other….

looks like it. I wonder how they are interconnected as Alex used to be independent as an aircraft broker, i don’t also know the name Werner Welz, nor is it in the planecheck add. I’ll ask him when I get the chance. In any event, the plane brokerage would be under comission, not owned by the company.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 30 Oct 06:07
Sign in to add your message