Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

After 450 hours, last flight in it for me...

If a turbofan and not a M2 i will bet on a CJ3+ as it has the Garmin 5000
But maybe we are going off route…
I know quite some owner that are coming back from Jet due to part NCC…
As you get use to the speed I don’t bet on Pilatus or a new M500 or M600… Socata ?

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

A M600 is $3m for which you get Piper build quality (currently the whole fleet is AOG due to incorrectly manufactured wing spars). A TBM 900 that is 3 years old can be bought for the same money and is 100x better in just about everything. The M600 is a nice airplane but you shouldn’t put a Mercedes price tag on your Fiat… Jason knows this so he won’t do that for sure.

CJ3+ could be of course. However, this is an awfully big aircraft for one guy flying to the Bavarian boondocks. Or maybe Jason has seen this video and gotten an idea how to fill those 9 seats?

Last Edited by achimha at 28 Oct 18:57

What about a more modern and versatile aircraft, like:
- an AW609
- an Airbus Racer
- a Boom
?

LFNR

Unfortunately, these aircraft don’t exist. Atmittedliy, they non-exist in their own unique way, but they still don’t.

Last Edited by Cobalt at 28 Oct 21:49
Biggin Hill

achimha wrote:

A M600 is $3m for which you get Piper build quality (currently the whole fleet is AOG due to incorrectly manufactured wing spars)

Well, to be fair, are they still AOG or was there a mandatory inspection that is now complete?

Cobalt wrote:

Unfortunately, these aircraft don’t exist. Atmittedliy, they non-exist in their own unique way, but they still don’t.

And I can assure you that my next aircraft exists.

Last Edited by JasonC at 28 Oct 22:54
EGTK Oxford

Didn’t you post a picture of you doing a Rating in a fighter trainer? That would be a cool way of going around Europe !

EGTF, LFTF

denopa wrote:

Didn’t you post a picture of you doing a Rating in a fighter trainer? That would be a cool way of going around Europe !

That would be cool but very slow. 400nm max range. I think the Germans would have convulsions over the noise certificate.

EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

That would be cool but very slow. 400nm max range.

I don’t know. This one has 1100 NM range. Probably can get there rather quick too. And quite a ramp appeal.

http://www.raptoraviation.com/aircraft%20spec%20pages/Mig29.html

You might be right about the noise certificate though. Afterburners do that.

But joking aside, my current dream plane for Single pilot ops is right on the market now…

2000 NM range with that baby could really make a difference in travelling.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 29 Oct 13:31
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

The period when you choose the next toy is the best!

I have no info on Jason’s finances or travelling needs, so guessing Phenom 300.

LPFR, Poland

Mooney, doesn’t say if the engines are enrolled in Williams engine program. Without it, you would pretty much have to scrap the plane at overhaul. It would be a $1million+ to overhaul those without a program. There is no possibility to run them over TBO, because Williams have cleverly worded their overhaul program as maintenance, which is mandatory (as opposed to overhaul which is not mandatory). And if you’re not on program, the TBO goes down to 3500hr from 5000hr.

Still, 2000hrs of flying for €750K isn’t terrible, that’s €370/hr and then you can sell if for scrap value, which should be worth something.

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 29 Oct 13:52
Sign in to add your message