Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Venice-Lido Airport LIPV

Yes that is the main boat dock but the one from the GAT is actually to the right not visible in the picture. It is right here:
https://goo.gl/maps/pXhKRpPSX5KYo5rQ8

The GAT is the building to the right of it so maybe 20-30 meters to the entrace.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Boat dock at Tessera airport:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Sebastian_G wrote:

To be fair the boat transport from LIPZ is 50 EUR more expensive each way but it was great fun and the dock is right next to the GAT.

Interesting, didn’t know LIPZ has a boat dock as well!

always learning
LO__, Austria

One aircraft that cannot park on damp ground is a 210.
When we went, I asked for Hard parking and was refused.
Only 1 other aircraft used the hard while we were there. There’s loads of space.
When we went to depart we were stuck.
I’m keen to go back but that kind of stuff does make it more stressful.

United Kingdom

boscomantico wrote:

I would first check the fees at LIPZ before going again. Most of the Italian „big“ airports (rather: their handling agents) have doubled their fees in the last couple of years.

I just looked up the invoices. Last year LIPZ charged us 253,35 EUR with 1 pax and this year just a few weeks ago 395,88 EUR with 4 pax but no changes to the charges it is really the pax which did drive up the cost. To be fair the boat transport from LIPZ is 50 EUR more expensive each way but it was great fun and the dock is right next to the GAT. And we got a parking spot big enough for a 737 ;-)

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

I would first check the fees at LIPZ before going again. Most of the Italian „big“ airports (rather: their handling agents) have doubled their fees in the last couple of years.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

On wide grass runways, in southern Europe, I almost always land on either the very left or very right. In the centre, you will likely have stones.

Very good idea. After posting this pirep we had to get out of there. I had a similar idea and I did the take off to the very right side of runway 05. I managed to take off without any visible damage to the prop. Obviously it will depend a lot on the type of airplane but with the PA46 turbine the risk of damage is just too big for me. Diretly form Lido we went to Courchevel and I was much more comfortable landing there than at Lido. I read reports about how flat and hard the Lido runway is from heavy planes. And that is all true the plane did accelerate nearly like on tarmac but that does not help with the stones ;-)

Before we flew to Tessera and it is about 200 Euro + 50 Euro for each pax. Lido was about 60 + 20 per pax with passport control. But then JetA1 is 1,75 EUR vs about 1,10 EUR so with 2 passengers the financial break even point is around 300 liters.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

On wide grass runways, in southern Europe, I almost always land on either the very left or very right. In the centre, you will likely have stones.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

terbang
FWIW, here is a little video on a Lido landing:

Thanks for posting. Brought back happy memories of a wonderful place.

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

FWIW, here is a little video on a Lido landing:

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message