Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Portoroz LJPZ (Piran) Meet-up 5-7 Sep 2015

Vieke wrote:

Also many thanks to Petakas for all the information before here and via mail the corrected lists for handling. It’s a pity I Didn’t meet him at the show yesterday.

Yesterday I brought the family in the show so I was kinda “off duty” but I am sure Marina and Maro did a great job helping you.
Thank you for the kind words and enjoy the rest of your trip.

LGMG Megara, Greece

What MTOW was €44.69? Even after 50% AOPA discount that is 1/2 of what I paid (1400kg TB20).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

What MTOW was €44.69? Even after 50% AOPA discount that is 1/2 of what I paid (1400kg TB20).

The MTOW of the DA40 is 1150kg. But that can’t be the difference as the charges are calculated per metric tonnes.

Did you have any passengers?
The handling girl “hinted” that my GF was crew so I registered her as crew and didn’t pay any PAX service charge.

Interesting… there were two of us and both were crew, with licenses. So I wonder what the difference was. The LDSB price list is many pages long and I cannot work out which bit applies to what.

Today we did Milos LGML to Skiathos LGSK – about 1:15 airborne time, FL080 all the way (sometimes called “8000ft QNHxxxx” by Athena who are the enroute ATC).

Athens

It was a nice flight except for a total and concurrent failure of all three GPS receivers overhead Athens. All independent units and two have rooftop antennae. Clearly this was jamming (all satellites were showing zero signal level and I had tried changing all comms etc settings). I reported it to Athena but they didn’t seem to understand the words “GPS” or “jamming” so didn’t reply in any way to the radio calls, and neither did Tanagra who we got transferred to after I requested a vector for navigation.

Anyone doing a GPS/RNAV approach would have been in for some fun.

I flew in HDG mode and then it came back as suddenly as it disappeared. I guess the radius, at 140kt GS, was about 30nm, centred on the Athens area.

Athens LGAV, 8000ft

A visual approach into LGSK runway 02. We arrived 2nd, after a CTSW from Turkey

A 737-sized plane landed behind us; the 3rd arrival. I was asked for max speed.

This is about all the GA parking available. Normally it’s not an issue but in this case some used LGSK to clear Customs after the Tatoi air show

I now have 59.4 USG in the tanks so a fuel stop has to be done before Corsica (or anywhere else useful – the relevant bit of Italy has no avgas AFAIK). Bastia in zero wind would leave me with 6 USG. So I will do Corfu and hope for the best for refuelling. Sometimes they are instant and sometimes not… I have their 48hr PPR for both 17th and 18th. Then I will sit in Bastia until the wx is OK.

Administrator

Today in the morning g I departement from LGAV and had none of the iddues of Peter.

The fee was 83€ all together for 2 nights @ LGAV. The taxi- instructions were very clear. I got runway 23L. There was only one het before me, but about 10 minuten in between. The controller asked if I was ready, but I had to do the runup and said negatieve. I got all the time I needed without any rush.

I had also no GPS contact. But the GPS of the ipad was working really well so that was no problem.

LGAV: really a nice airport. Now, we are in Zakynthos: nice handeling and plenty of room.

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Landed in Brac on sept 6.
I paid 75,25 € for a DA40 1200 MTOW, 1 pax (two pilots), one night parking, one way shuttle to BOL (18,20€) and AOPA discount.
BTW, I understood AOPA discount was 15%, not 50 %.

Last Edited by Jean at 14 Sep 18:40
Jean
EBST, Belgium

You’re right Peter, AOPA discount is 50% :-)

Jean
EBST, Belgium

The fee was 83€ all together for 2 nights @ LGAV.

What aircraft type and MTOW?

I paid 2x that on 1400kg.

Administrator

Mooney M20J – VfR – MTOW also 1.4T

3 persons on board ( 3 pilots) but they didn’t ask that.

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Brać is OK with prices, same time there as Len – greeting Len :) For DA42 and two nights parking it was around 60 Euro (with AOPA card). Nice option they offer is transportation to/ from Bol, some 15 Euro each way, convenience of no need of waiting for a taxi.

Interesting is Peter’s experience with lack of GPS around Athens. I had the same failure over Athens on our route to Milos ! , July this year. No GPS worked, remember switching to VOR for navigation, but after few minutes the signal was back. Never had such before, must be some Athens-Milos route related…?

EP..
Sign in to add your message