Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in to Spain 27-29 Sept 2024 LEAP

So yes, it is not exactly cheap for an uncontrolled airfield, but in the context of a flight of more than 500NM for most people, it is not significant.

Nice demonstration of positive thinking

Let’s hope greedy airport managers don’t do EuroGA… lest they then all get ideas as in Salzburg and so many other places that will follow suit…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

I agree 100%. I personally don’t think it’s very expensive. I’m still very new to general aviation and I remember when first found out what are the landing fees on local airports I couldn’t believe how cheap it is!

I have zero problems paying 30€ for a landing at a cool airport and help it survive and grow. I just mentioned it because I heard more than once from local pilots that they don’t fly there because it’s way too expensive..

Anyway, either location works for me so see you all there! Let’s hope life won’t get in a way this year.

LELL, Spain

Dan wrote:

Let’s hope greedy airport managers don’t do EuroGA… lest they then all get ideas as in Salzburg and so many other places that will follow suit…

Or Cascais. I heard people being charged anything between 350€ to 1000€ for landing and handling.

LELL, Spain

Thanks all for your quick responses. Looks like we have a nice crew already. Plenty of time left to set up a TG and sort out details which suggest we do this summer. LEAP it is then.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Aart, Therese and I will do our best to join as well. Therese says the meet in La Cerdanya was the vest aviation things she ever went to, she really liked the friendly vibe.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

aart wrote:

let’s make sure we help such private fields stay alive.

Hear hear! I’m in too.

PS: I am OK with LDG at 30€, but do think PKG is a bit steep at 20€/day for longer stays. One weekend is OK. As @Dan sais I am very not OK with airports requiring mandatory handling when self-handling will do for light GA. Let’s all make sure we do not provide motive for airports to require mandatory handling, even if we hate those CYA hi-vis’s

Antonio
LESB, Spain

I’ll keep an eye on this too.
LEAP is a personal favorite and we’re long overdue a return.
Can’t remember costs being last time but do remember that fuel was shockingly expensive, the dearest we paid on a 14 day tour.

United Kingdom

but do remember that fuel was shockingly expensive

That’s the case in Spain but coming from UK you anyhow have to make custom & immigration stop, so you can combine it with refueling at e.g. LFMU or LFMP or LFMK.

Interesting fact is that, unlike many other French airports that have C&I 24 or 48 hours PPR, LFMK doesn’t require it:

From 01 APR to 31 OCT : 0600-1600.
Outside these SKED and from 01 NOV to 31 MAR O/R
PN 24 HR to :
- Brigade des douanes de Carcassonne :
TEL : 09 70 27 72 58 / 09 70 27 72 56
E-mail : [email protected]
- Division de l’Aude :
E-mail : [email protected]

Last Edited by Emir at 05 Jan 06:15
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Last year’s Fly-in to LECD was definitely a highlight, and so I was just wondering whether the idea of an LEAP/LECN fly-in for 2024 was maturing. Low and behold I stumbled on this thread! That’ll treach me to not let my attention wander! Anyway, I’m in for either LEAP or LECN. From the above, it seems however that LEAP has the edge, which is fine by me. So, LEAP 27-29 September is now in my diary. Fingers crossed that we are blessed with similar weathert to last year.

Steve
LFBA, France

AeroSteve wrote:

it seems however that LEAP has the edge

It ain’t no “edge”, see post #24, @Aart is a man of decisions, and on top of that I already booked the hotel (Ampuria Inn) for those dates

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message