Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Elba LIRJ Fly-In 2023 - last before it closes?

Could be interested but it would be highly date dependent. I’m touring in S Europe second half of September so something ~25th would work, but I think that’s too close to the Spain trip?

Denham, Elstree, United Kingdom

It‘s a (smallish and very touristy) island. Be very careful with accomodation in high season. And pretty much forget finding cancellable hotels.

Elba is ideally done between end of April and 20th of June (but the weather was very unstable in that period this year). And then again between mid-September and first week of October. 10th of October, the island shuts down mostly.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

What about the weekend of July 15th? Looks quite good for us.

We could meet in Marina di Campo (the village, not the airfield). Any advice for a restaurant?

Germany

@boscomantico June has passed already and September/October is the other meet-up.

IF Elba will be still open we could do an “I will survive” meet-up October 2024 😅

Germany

I can do 15th July. Might do LDLO after that.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Several of us are likely booking for that weekend – 15th July. If we can agree on it, let’s go ahead and book stuff. There aren’t hundreds of available hotels showing.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Cannes is a bit of a “slow” airport, but if one wants to get cheaper fuel then there are various options.

Definitely slow if you consider landing there IFR between June and September. But unless weather is crap, the IFR issue could be avoided.
I would be surprised that custom take so long. There are plenty of jets coming ouside Schengen, I am not sure they are spending more than needed but I never really experiment.

Bastia (LFKB) has custom and is closer to Elba, has ILS cat1.

Last Edited by greg_mp at 24 Jun 17:41
LFMD, France

It was avgas, a French-only-text pump, and no help for hours. LFMT works much better all around.

Administrator

I’ll do the pump service next time if you call me before ;). Anyway thé have changed the pump and its interface. I nées to check if they work in english.

Last Edited by greg_mp at 24 Jun 18:05
LFMD, France

I could do Jul 15th

Antonio
LESB, Spain
Sign in to add your message