Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Day trip Mallorca to the French Pyrenees

view on the broom with the wife in lieu of the CAPS

That makes a brilliant CAPS+FIKI conversion of his vintage open cockpit (no TKS is required just hand work to clean the wings while Mrs does the flying )

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
you guys are amazing! You should be publishing aviation cartoons with all your thoughts! Not sure my wife would buy the FIKI idea in the air, but she and the broom have definitely helped with such on the ground for pre-flight snow removal in the past!
Antonio
LESB, Spain

Wow this is amazing

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Looks like a brilliant trip! Thanks for sharing.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Antonio wrote:

the broom have definitely helped with such on the ground for pre-flight snow removal in the past

My wife specialized de-icing with broom in Sarajevo taking of 2 cm of clear ice that formed during the night in freezing rain – luckily only on one wing that was in shade and morning sun didn’t melt it.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

greg_mp wrote:

Great pics. This altiport deserve the mountain rating 😊

Well, flying in the mountains is a thrill, a beauty and an attractive challenge all in one. The two airfields in this thread are perhaps a bit restrictive and more challenging than average.

This is where the Andorra/LESU fly-in comes in beautifully since it provides a more accessible, safer and even more secure airport environment with civilized services, with simple visual (even if carrier-like) and instrument approaches while still surrounded by the same impressive mountain landscape.

Last Edited by Antonio at 11 Oct 13:08
Antonio
LESB, Spain

Emir wrote:

2 cm of clear ice that formed during the night in freezing rain

Wow! That is thick ice I wonder how the broom could help with the clear ice!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Antonio wrote:

Wow! That is thick ice I wonder how the broom could help with the clear ice!

With help of TKS: spray a layer of TKS, wait few minutes and make slush with gentle sweep, remove the slush, repeat

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

A really nice writeup – thank you

I look forward to seeing you all this weekend in Andorra.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Looking forward to news on the fly out, and aart and Antonio thank you for the teaser

The Warrior has gone for some minor avionics surgery but hopefully emerges next week

The shop doing the work has some impressive panel upgrades underway, including a full glass and AP upgrade on a TB20 – grateful that they fitted in my minor appendectomy:)

Seeing a full panel upgrade on the operating table reminds you of the old ELP prog classic Brain Salad Surgery

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message