Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EKBI Billund

Airborne_Again wrote:

Are they (or someone) gold plating the EASA regulations, or is this something we can expect to see in more airports? You don’t happen to have a reference to the regulation in question?

On the EKRK homepage www.rke.dk/pilotinfo, EASA is quoted for not allowing self-parking on the apron, requiring marshallers. EASA themselves say they do not know of any regs that warrant the use of marshallers on the apron at EKRK. Inquiries to the airport has not given answers yet, but the airport has apparently fighted hard against the requirement, which could point to the national CAA as the source of possible gold plating. While that would not be the first time, I still do not know.

I have only requested to use the apron once since marshaller service was made compulsory, but as there was a 5-10 minutes wait, I chose to taxi to the hangar instead, and drive the passengers out, which was quicker as well as easier on the tacho count.

There is (as yet) no fee for using the apron, with marshaller in and out.

(By the way, EKRK has PPR for all operations tomorrow Friday 9th after 1415z, by NOTAM. I believe this is the first time with PPR for day ops in the 50+ years history of the airport. Nothing to do with marshallers, everything to do with ATC shortage.)

Last Edited by huv at 08 Jun 16:03
huv
EKRK, Denmark

(Perhaps worth moving all the Roskilde discussion to another thread)

Flew to Roskilde EKRK while en route to Sweden for a customs/immigration and fuel stop. Very efficient as others reported. Didn’t actually need the marshaller (as mentioned in the NOTAMS) – we parked at the fuel station (where we were immediately met by plainclothes police for the customs/immigration check). The airport office was happy for us to park there while we went inside to pay the landing fee (DKK 74.55 – approx. €10). Great airport!

EGTF, United Kingdom

I just mailed one of the FBO at EKBI what it would cost to land.

After many mails that wrote 150 EUR for aircrafts below 3500kg.
Additional cost on Weeksends..

ESMS, ESML, Sweden

When I went in April there was no mandatory handling, and I paid 40 EUR all inclusive. I did not refuel.
I remember reading on a different thread here that EKBI was establishing expensive mandatory handling few days after my trip, and I thought I was lucky to be there just before that…
Seems like it’s another airport that doesn’t want us anymore :(

EHLE LIMB, Netherlands

I’m based at Billund.
The airport expanded freight operations and the ramp on the side opposite the passenger terminal is now part of the freight operation.
This ramp was previously used for GA.
In this setup the airport has not found place for GA.
The solution chosen is handling via operators on the airport to use their place for arriving GA flights.
It’s a bad situation, but there is no easy solution.

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

According to NOTAM 31/Dec 2023 Avgas 100LL is now permanent unavailable there too.

ESMS, ESML, Sweden
46 Posts
Sign in to add your message