Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EKBI Billund

Roskilde – very friendly and efficient

Since I couldn’t find a recent dedicated thread, here’s my very recent experience, 3rd of June.

• no less than 19 Notams, most pertaining to non-availability of instrument approaches, training, etc, all due to lack of staff
  • even if leaving VFR one has to ask for start-up clearance
  • once this is received, one has to wait for the marshaller to drive by and actually give one the ok signal to start
  • it is now called Copenhagen – Roskilde
  • the landing fee was correct for my ship (MTOM 725) with DKK75 = €10
Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Dan wrote:

even if leaving VFR one has to ask for start-up clearance
once this is received, one has to wait for the marshaller to drive by and actually give one the ok signal to start

That is new and unfortunate.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Thanks all for the suggestions. I’ll give Roskilde a call to see how what the situation is with the marshaller and if it is typically a long wait. The NOTAM also require holding before entering the apron to wait for the marshaller.

Dan wrote:

no less than 19 Notams

20 NOTAMs now :)

EGTF, United Kingdom

Indochine wrote:

NOTAM also require holding before entering the apron to wait for the marshaller

Absolutely, forgot about this one, sorry guys, I guess I’m just another Human Being on this drifting pea…

PS
My last visit prior to this one was in June 2019… looks to me like the airport now wants to play Big Airport, and I would not be surprised if fees and restrictions follow suit…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

About Billund: Beware that 40EUR is landing fee only, other ‘services’ from JoinJet came on top, ´startup fee´ (whatever that is?) and weekend surcharge. The price surely also goes up with MTOW, PAX ect. Suggest to get prices before going. I also asked the airport person if this was a permanent change and it seams so unfortunately.

Concerning Roskilde EKRK, dont worry about the Marshaller thing, just call airport office 131,550 for startup. This reason for this change is rather rigid EASA regulations they where forced to implement. Stupid really as the self parking of small aircraft had been working fine for 50 years now. Overall EKRK is a great GA airport – they don’t play big airport, all the NOTAMs are there because they have been hit by involuntary movement of controllers to Kastrup as discussed elsewhere.

Last Edited by THY at 06 Jun 21:35
THY
EKRK, Denmark

THY wrote:

This reason for this change is rather rigid EASA regulations they where forced to implement. Stupid really as the self parking of small aircraft had been working fine for 50 years now.

Are they (or someone) gold plating the EASA regulations, or is this something we can expect to see in more airports? You don’t happen to have a reference to the regulation in question?

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 07 Jun 05:49
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

THY wrote:

Beware that 40EUR is landing fee only, other ‘services’ from JoinJet came on top, ´startup fee´ (whatever that is?) and weekend surcharge.
I’m pretty shocked. So Billund not only requires handling, but also increased their airport fees for GA? That sounds insane… I did ask JoinJet for a DR401 quote and 1 PAX, and they said it will be €40 for basic GA handling by phone. It seems I will also write them (and other handlers) an E-Mail, because in the end, one can say everything over the phone…

Maybe send your bill to the Danish CAA and ask if such an massive increase of total fees is legal?
Last Edited by Frans at 07 Jun 06:06
Switzerland

There is a report on the EuroGA airports database here by @NikoKM.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That report was from the 27th of April, just a few days before the mandatory handling. He did however mentions “Sun-Air” as handler, but that company is not a handling agent. According to their website, JoinJet is their FBO partner. Also, no handling fee was written in the report. IMHO, something in that report is missing.

Switzerland

The report looks like it was refueling stop, maybe that makes a difference. 40 EUR would be a lot more reasonable. Think I will try to contact them for more specific pricing.

Airborne_A: could be danish CAA gold plating – I dont know the specific regulation was just told this by a person in the briefing office at Roskilde. They were hoping for a removal of this regulation again so they don’t have to go the apron all the time for the small aircraft to park.

THY
EKRK, Denmark
Sign in to add your message