Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EKBI Billund

Quick look at the Notams for Billund and over half are about lack of staff and restrictions due to WIP. Could this be why they have just handed everything over to a handling agent? It a shame…

Ah, how sad, they brought their pricing in line with Legoland. Always a cool destination with the kids. Until now, I suppose.

EHTE, Netherlands

That is indeed true as well. I visited the park back in august 2021, using a special offer (second ticket free of charge), but I was amazed by the high prices. Honestly, Legoland is not worth paying the full price, as the park does not match the same quality as other amusement parks in the same price category. Better fly to Lahr (EDTL) and visit Europa Park in Rust instead. Gröna Lund, Efteling, Phantasialand, Disneyland etc. are great as well and offer much more value for money.

Last Edited by Frans at 05 Jun 14:14
Switzerland

Frans wrote:

The answer from the airport office was: If you land at Billund just for fuel and customs, you don’t need any handling. Just file an FPL, refuel on-site, pay the landing fees in the old-fashioned way at the C-office and go again. If customs is interested, they will come and meet you at the main south apron or fuel station. However, if you need any parking for longer than a short pause (I’m not sure if that includes a visit to the toilet), FBO handling is required.

Interestingly, I was told something slightly different. I inquired about landing for fuel (100LL) and customs/immigration (from the UK) and was told that “handling” would be required for C&I, but a fuel stop only would not attract a handling charge. I will write back asking them to confirm.

EGTF, United Kingdom

Indochine wrote:

Frans wrote:
The answer from the airport office was: If you land at Billund just for fuel and customs, you don’t need any handling. Just file an FPL, refuel on-site, pay the landing fees in the old-fashioned way at the C-office and go again. If customs is interested, they will come and meet you at the main south apron or fuel station. However, if you need any parking for longer than a short pause (I’m not sure if that includes a visit to the toilet), FBO handling is required.
Interestingly, I was told something slightly different. I inquired about landing for fuel (100LL) and customs/immigration (from the UK) and was told that “handling” would be required for C&I, but a fuel stop only would not attract a handling charge. I will write back asking them to confirm.

The airport office ([email protected]) just wrote back directing me to the NOTAM and said FBO handling is required for all commercial and private flights, even for a fuel stop, or for C&I, unfortunately. The only exceptions are resident operators, helimed/SAR, aircraft in distress or traffic to a airfield maintenance facility with prior approval.

I was looking for a fuel and C&I stop on the way from the UK to Sweden (Norrköping ESSP). ESSP closes very early on the day I will be visiting (1600 LT) so I need something efficient. Any suggestions? Wilhelmshaven EDWI looks suitable, but doesn’t have based C&I, and I’d ideally want somewhere with C&I on site so I don’t have to wait for them if they are late. Bremen EDDW is not too far to the south and may be better in that regard. Sonderborg EKSB doesn’t have 100LL. Odense EKOD has a weird NOTAM about drone operations which may require 30 min holding and Aarhus EKAH is slightly too far away.

EGTF, United Kingdom

Why not refuel in Roskilde EKRK – they have both fuel and C&I ?

EGTR

EKVD Kolding has fuel, it’s cheap and C&I come on PPR. The runway is 1 km tarmac with instrument approach. I flew there few times, easy and friendly.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

mmgreve wrote:

Why not refuel in Roskilde EKRK – they have both fuel and C&I ?

I would also recommend Roskilde – very friendly and efficient. It would only add about 20 NM to a straight line flight compared to Billund.

(Check your taxi route carefully at Roskilde. The taxiway system is quite complex and it is easy to take a wrong turn.)

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Indochine wrote:

The airport office ([email protected]) just wrote back directing me to the NOTAM and said FBO handling is required for all commercial and private flights, even for a fuel stop, or for C&I, unfortunately.
Oh dear, exactly they told me by phone that I don’t need handling for refueling Avgas and customs, when coming from Switzerland or Norway. Let’s send them an E-Mail again and see what kind of answer I get.

This sounds a bit like the chaos going on at Maastricht-Aachen Airport (EHBK), when they closed down the GA terminal on the east apron back in 2019. I arrived there just a week after the introduction of mandatory handling, but nobody knew the actual procedure. I was placed directly next to the big airliners on the west side and was fortunate to pay my landing fees directly at the airport-boss’s office, because handling would have cost me €250. Meanwhile, the mandatory GA handling in EHBK costs €50 and everything is clear, but after such a change, everybody might say something different. This is pretty ‘dangerous’, even though I was lucky at EHBK shortly after the change.

Nonetheless, I would say €40 handling fee hat JoinJet in Billund is not that expensive, but if you compare it to the costs before (around €15), it’s an increase of 267% of total costs. The final price is still OK if you really want to visit Billund, but a clear no-go for a technical stop. Especially because airport fees in Denmark are generally pretty cheap and a mandatory handling agent means PPR, which means more bureaucracy and planning.
Last Edited by Frans at 06 Jun 09:37
Switzerland

Oh what a shame. I was making plans for Billund for this year. But you can’t see everything at the same time. Will have a closer look at Puy du Fou, like pointed out elsewhere in the forum

Germany
Sign in to add your message