Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Zagreb LDZA

Hvala, Emir!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Similar to Zadar case, I’ve forwarded screenshots of received correspondence (with hidden identity of involved parties) both to CAA and Airport users committee.

CAA is starting the investigation, I’ll post update here if I get something. Also, I’ll report once I get Committee reply.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

ch.ess wrote:

Institutionalised corruption, no less.

This is because corrupted Croatian politicians (ruling party in power almost 30 years, practically all Croatian history) gave Zagreb airport to new owner/operator for the next 30 years in exchange for constructing new terminal building. So they exchanged 30 years of €15 mil of net profit for a building that costed €200 mil (that’s pumped up number which included direct gain for people involved in deal).

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

That price list is a joke
Facilitation Charge per passenger.
Reminds me of “facilitation payments” in African and Stan-Countries.
Institutionalised corruption, no less.
And they are bold enough to put it on paper…

Last Edited by ch.ess at 02 Jun 19:45
EDM_, Germany

Pavel wrote:

Yes, there are two companies, and I paid two invoices.

If you want me to forward your bills to Croatian CAA, PM me and I’ll send you my email address. They are interested to see who charged you and for what.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Yes, there are two companies, and I paid two invoices.

Invoice from Zagreb Airport:
It included landing and parking (very good pricing), plus the GAT FERRY FLIGHT charges for 100Eur in total. This GAT FERRY FLIGHT is what I am currently discussing with LDZA. I received from LDZA the pricelist for GAT, that I haven’t found at their website, and that pricelist really lists the above mentioned items. See the pricelist here: MZLZ_GATPL_all_51219_pdf
I replied by an EASA definition of a ferry flight and stated that my flight was not “ferry”.
This GAT charge is fully under CAA responsibility, according to the CAA response to Emir.

Invoice from handling agency:
Handling is provided by Havas, a Croatian branch of a Turkish ground handling company. This invoice was for 100Eur + VAT, that is an increase from last year’s 80Eur.

Trick understood, but there should be a straightforward solution by the CAA : all services rendered by an unregulated company in the monopolistic airport infrastructure must be made optional.
Then it would be fine for everyone.
And everything that is made compulsory is subject to regulation by CAA.

I would say, clear lack of will.

EDM_, Germany

I got reply from CAA and in essence they replied that they have regulatory obligation for approving airport charges but handling is out of their reach. What Zagreb airport did, they split their company in two – one runs the airport, the other runs handling. First being regulated because of monopolistic position, they have to ask CAA to approve their price list. The second one operates freely, pretending that they don’t have monopoly and they charge whatever they want, effectively avoiding regulation. Even CAA wasn’t successful in obtaining the price list of handling company when they needed it for some tender. Of course, both companies belong to the same owner, they share employees, accounting system (they only issue to separate bills with two different IBANs for payment) and all other resources including web site.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Pavel wrote:

Zagreb Bratina LDZR

In 2022. the 100LL there was reserved only for own ATO use. Better check before.

Croatia

I sent official request to Croatian CAA to express their standpoint on handling issues in Zagreb, Split and Zadar. Once I get reply, I’ll share it here.

Bravo!

always learning
LO__, Austria
33 Posts
Sign in to add your message