Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A trip to the Alps to get nice photos (and a video)

Wow. Once again a great trip in your TB20. Thanks for sharing.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Is Peter the new Gary Powers or an airborne paparazzi ?

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 24 Apr 08:15
LFOU, France

The mountains are so huge that one’s normal sense of perspective is lost.

You could be 1000ft above, as I was in those pictures, and it feels like 200ft.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

A few stills of Mt Blanc summit taken from the HD video camera. About 1000ft above the summit

and this is a 1:1 zoom of one of the DSLR stills

It looks like Mt Blanc can be walked up.

Administrator

Can’t understand how people hike Mt Blanc under a lockdown

LFOU, France

Presumably, at night and wearing masks, and with ropes that have a knot tied every 2m

Administrator

@Peter, those guys have some beefy cameras. Did they take any photos of you?

Jujupilote wrote:

Can’t understand how people hike Mt Blanc under a lockdown

I can imagine those mountaineers posting their trip report in their mountaining forum, and someone mentioninng “I can’t understand how people can go flying over the mountains under a lockdown” hahaha

EDDW, Germany

those guys have some beefy cameras

They may have done, but I was doing nothing illegal. Yes maybe pics of my plane will appear on some mountain forum But they didn’t seem to be paying much attention. I am actually amazed people were on the summit, looking at the thickness of snow there and how ready it seems to be to slide off.

Administrator

I am actually amazed people were on the summit, looking at the thickness of snow there and how ready it seems to be to slide off.

The problem on the MtBlanc is not as much the snow at the top as rocks falling off in certain passages especially on the Voie Normale – due to warmer weather in general, water seeps deeper into rock and cracks it open when freezing. On average about four climbers per year are killed by falling rocks. After mid-day it basicaly rains rocks.

Otherwise it is not a complicated ascent – always walkable, sometimes you may need crampons for certain passages sometimes not.

T28
Switzerland

Well done! (Still think you’re crazy ;-))

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France
Sign in to add your message