Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How to generate a route EGKA-LIMW-EGKA without landing?

I am looking for a route to the Matterhorn and back, nonstop.

The Autorouter says it cannot find a route.

The two separate routes (flown 3 weeks ago) are

F100
EGKA SFD DCT RIBGO DCT RINTI B3 VATRI G40 ARSIL B13 SOMDA A6 DJL A1 LISMO VFR LIMW
LIMW SPR IFR A1 DJL A6 SOMDA B13 ARSIL G40 VATRI B3 BILGO H20 XORBI H40 NEBRU/N0150F120 H40 ABB N20 KUNAV/N0149F070 DCT WAFFU

In place of LIMW (not a legal FP waypoint) one could substitute CERVI, leading to

EGKA SFD DCT RIBGO DCT RINTI B3 VATRI G40 ARSIL B13 SOMDA A6 DJL A1 LISMO VFR CERVI
SPR IFR A1 DJL A6 SOMDA B13 ARSIL G40 VATRI B3 BILGO H20 XORBI H40 NEBRU/N0150F120 H40 ABB N20 KUNAV/N0149F070 DCT WAFFU

I could try hacking this together and use some other site (e.g. EuroFPL) for validating it, but is there any way to do this in the Autorouter or Foreflight?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Make a flight from EGKA to somewhere in Italy, file EGKA as an alternate and around the time you pass the peak, divert to your alternate.

ESME, ESMS

I am guessing his diversion leg will be 500nm direct? that surely will not validate on his FPL (it will be fun to see the Italian ATC face when Peter pulls that bazuka asking for direct back to Shoreham )

Last Edited by Ibra at 07 Nov 21:09
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Also, this seems to work:

EGKA SFD SUBIP ABUDA ABB H40 XORBI H20 BILGO B3 VATRI T11 SOMDA A6 DJL B37 PAS G32 ROCCA T345 LURAG M135 TOP BANKO A1 SIROD UH10 DJL A6 SOMDA T11 VATRI B3 BILGO H20 XORBI NEBRU H40 ABB N20 KUNAV SOXUX EGKA

ESME, ESMS

Alternates don’t have to validate as far as I know? And you can always divert to a filed alternate, or any other airport, once airborne.

ESME, ESMS

Peter wrote:

I could try hacking this together and use some other site (e.g. EuroFPL) for validating it, but is there any way to do this in the Autorouter or Foreflight?

You mean manually enter a route? Yes. In the “Create route window”, instead of clicking the “Autoroute” button, open the “Autoroute” menu and select “Manual IFR route.”

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Dimme wrote:

Also, this seems to work:

Doesn’t validate in Autorouter. Lots of errors, mainly that 10,000’ is an invalid level for many of the ATS routes.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Dimme wrote:

Alternates don’t have to validate as far as I know? And you can always divert to a filed alternate, or any other airport, once airborne.

Yes true for validation, but one can’t file something as destination unless you are planning to fly there or at least some reasonable destination nearby? what happens if someone file valid 20nm leg EGKA-EGHR and then asks to divert direct 500nm to LIMW as his alternate ?

On your second route what happens at DJL if you ask for direct to DJL ?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I don’t see a problem with the alternate. I almost always file my departure airport as alternate as I don’t plan on staying where I’m going and if the weather gets bad it’s better to return home.

I don’t know about the route, it worked in FF a few minutes ago, now it doesn’t. I blame my internet connection :P

ESME, ESMS

I think diverting around Aosta to EGKA would implode the ATC system

I have once had the FP get lost in Switzerland and they somehow rebuilt it as I was working my way back through France, but I don’t really want to do that intentionally.

That Foreflight route is probably more or less what one would file to achieve this; there is basically only one route through France, east of Paris and below FL200.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
35 Posts
Sign in to add your message