Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New regulations that come into effect in 2023

I am not supposed to fly a UK registered aircraft after 31 December 2022.

Well, he’s not wrong in what he wrote but obviously should join EuroGA and find out how to save himself a load of hassle. Maybe someone here can talk to him in French

I knew a guy who sold a TB9/10 for a similar reason which has actually duff advice from the UK CAA. He found out too late.

I don’t believe there is nothing coming out of EASA in 2023!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The above is all UK stuff.

So is this.

https://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=54895
planecheck_G_PACE_54895_pdf

One of the more bizarre reasons to sell an aircraft I’ve ever seen.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Still not 100% sure because of Austrians have some objections.

The foreign minister’s party is tied up in plenty of scandals here currently, with most members of recent governments under criminal investigation for bribery and perjury. So some „cheap“ headlines of blocking the schengen expansion and asylum seekers „because the people living at the border are terribly inconvenienced“ are a welcome opportunity to deflect some attention.
They’d never dare this BS during the sommer months, when vacationers are stuck in hour long traffic jams at the Croatian border.

It’s ridiculous as actually the best thing that could happen to them would be open borders from the equator onwards and millions of refugees. Indeed they won the last couple of national votes by instilling fear of refugees and promising to close the balkan route, whatever that means.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 21 Nov 23:37
always learning
LO__, Austria

UdoR wrote:

Hmm, Croatia enters Schengen on January 1, 2023, as far as I understood.

Still not 100% sure because of Austrians have some objections.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

eurogaguest1980 wrote:

thought I’d ask if anyone knows of any new regulations that we need to be aware of for 2023, either across EU or other countries

Hmm, Croatia enters Schengen on January 1, 2023, as far as I understood. That’s one topic less to take care of.

Germany

Above:

The CAA proposes to continue its existing policy to recognise certain EASA Form 1s as equivalent to CAA Form 1s in certain limited circumstances.
To date, this policy has been given effect via exemptions issued by the CAA (exemptions ORS4 No. 1538, 1539 and 1552 published here).
The objective of the proposal is to clarify that those parts issued with EASA Form 1s pursuant to the effect of the exemptions referred to above, that remain in the supply chain and have not yet been fitted to UK registered aircraft, may lawfully be fitted in the normal way from 1 January 2023 onwards.

PDF local copy

This measure is not surprising otherwise aircraft part stocks sitting on shelves would have become almost worthless.

Quite what EASA will do to protect all the stockists in EASA-land, I wonder

Administrator

This come up from CAA, could be effective Jan23 with a regulation instead of rolling exemption

https://consultations.caa.co.uk/airworthiness-policy-team/amc-uk-reg-1321-2014-easa-form-1/

Last Edited by Ibra at 21 Nov 15:08
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

EASA-wise, nothing I guess. Airlaw changes don‘t usually coincide with year changes.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The above is all UK stuff. Brussels implemented its reciprocal measures immediately, on 1/1/2021, while the UK delayed theirs by 2 years, so this is the 2 year delay, roughly. Unifying the various licenses (which go back decades) would be a great idea but I would not bank on it anytime soon.

What about EASA regulatory changes other than UK-oriented ones?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Is there a reference, particularly for the £450?

Actually it’s more now as fees has gone up, anyway it’s

This,

Plus this,

Peter wrote:

Is that a 2023 change?

EASA PPL will be treated like any ICAO PPL after Jan23, the privilege of ICAO PPL in UK airspace is hard to navigate (Part21, G-reg, X-reg, visitors, residents, FAA holders, IFR, 28 days…), it’s worth checking directly with CAA on case by case for declaration, validation and conversion, I expect this will indirectly benefit from the upcoming ‘pilot licensing review in 2023’

CAP2335

Last Edited by Ibra at 18 Nov 09:37
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message