Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Endorse Israeli license to Euro-license

Hi,

I own an Israeli ATPL, as well as CFII and MEI. My website is www.drorpilot.com. I want to rent an airplane in Europe. I guess I need to endorse my Israeli license for that. Does anyone know what exactly is required? just paperwork? flying test? written test(s)?

Thanks,
Dror

Israeli Flight Instructor

The European rules are as follows:

Part-FCL Article 8
Conditions for the acceptance of licences from third countries
1. Without prejudice to Article 12 of Regulation (EC) No 216/2008 and where there are no agreements concluded between the Union and a third country covering pilot licensing, Member States may accept third country licences, and associated medical certificates issued by or on behalf of third countries, in accordance with the provisions of Annex III to this Regulation.
<…>

ANNEX III
CONDITIONS FOR THE ACCEPTANCE OF LICENCES ISSUED BY OR ON BEHALF OF THIRD COUNTRIES
A. VALIDATION OF LICENCES

General
1. A pilot licence issued in compliance with the requirements of Annex 1 to the Chicago Convention by a third country may be validated by the competent authority of a Member State.
Pilots shall apply to the competent authority of the Member State where they reside or are established, or, if they are not residing in the territory of the Member States, where the operator for which they are flying or intend to fly has its principal place of business.
2. The period of validation of a licence shall not exceed 1 year, provided that the basic licence remains valid.
This period may only be extended once by the competent authority that issued the validation when, during the validation period, the pilot has applied, or is undergoing training, for the issuance of a licence in accordance with Part-FCL. This extension shall cover the period of time necessary for the licence to be issued in accordance with Part-FCL.
The holders of a licence accepted by a Member State shall exercise their privileges in accordance with the requirements stated in Part-FCL.

<…>

Pilot licences for non-commercial activities with an instrument rating
4. In the case of private pilot licences with an instrument rating, or CPL and ATPL licences with an instrument rating where the pilot intends only to exercise private pilot privileges, the holder shall comply with the following requirements:
(a) complete the skill test for instrument rating and the type or class ratings relevant to the privileges of the licence held, in accordance with Appendix 7 and Appendix 9 to Part-FCL;
(b) demonstrate that he/she has acquired knowledge of Air Law, Aeronautical Weather Codes, Flight Planning and Performance (IR), and Human Performance;
(c) demonstrate that he/she has acquired knowledge of English in accordance with FCL.055;
(d) hold at least a valid Class 2 medical certificate issued in accordance with Annex 1 to the Chicago Convention;
(e) have a minimum experience of at least 100 hours of instrument flight time as pilot-in-command in the relevant category of aircraft.

Pilot licences for non-commercial activities without an instrument rating
5. In the case of private pilot licences, or CPL and ATPL licences without an instrument rating where the pilot intends only to exercise private pilot privileges, the holder shall comply with the following requirements:
(a) demonstrate that he/she has acquired knowledge of Air Law and Human Performance;
(b) pass the PPL skill test as set out in Part-FCL;
(c) fulfil the relevant requirements of Part-FCL for the issuance of a type or class rating as relevant to the privileges of the licence held;
(d) hold at least a Class 2 medical certificate issued in accordance with Annex 1 to the Chicago Convention;
(e) demonstrate that he/she has acquired language proficiency in accordance with FCL.055;
(f) have a minimum experience of at least 100 hours as pilot in the relevant category of aircraft.

<…>

===

Local information for Czech Republic: According to the head of the licensing department of the Czech CAA, “demonstrate that he/she has acquired knowledge” means passing a corresponding written exam. One exam costs 100 CZK (~ 16 NIS). Exams are held every month. Practical skill tests are free (you only pay for aircraft rental).

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 29 Apr 22:20
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

How long do you want to spend renting in the EU? They added to the above:

Notwithstanding the provisions of the paragraphs above, Member States may accept a PPL, SPL or BPL issued in compliance with the requirements of Annex 1 to the Chicago Convention by a third country for a maximum of 28 days per calendar year for specific non-commercial tasks provided the applicant:
(a) holds an appropriate licence and medical certificate and associated ratings or qualifications issued in accordance with Annex 1 to the Chicago Convention; and
(b) has completed at least one acclimatisation flight with a qualified instructor prior to carrying out the specific tasks of limited duration.’

I have a similar question. Maybe Bookworms post is more in line of what I am looking for. I do not want to convert my license. I need a validation.

I have a US CPL for LTA and PPL for SEL. I am needing to operate a D numbered (German registered) LTA (balloon) at an event in France for 9 days this summer. This will be non-commercial, strictly private flying for pleasure (or as the Germans say – “driving”, because in Germany you drive a balloon, not fly it). The French CAA says that I will need to get my US license validated by the LBA. When I contacted the LBA over a month ago, I was told that there were some new EASA regulations going into effect April 8, 2015 in Germany. They were not sure what the new regs would do to validating my license. Its been almost a month since the new regulations went into effect in Germany and I still have no answer as to what to do???

I would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks.

4 Posts
Sign in to add your message