Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin Pilot (merged)

Strange behaviour indeed

France

Mine look exactly the same
Looks like text items which are supposed to have a opaque background are rendered with a solid one

Last Edited by Sir_Percy at 26 Jun 19:54

Yes, same here. By trying to make some (mostly unimportant) text more legible, they have obliterated much of the useful info.

Désastre!

But if we complain, Garmin do listen to users’ feedback.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Peter, I noticed your comment on deanland. That’s changing by the end of this year, the runway is getting longer :) it will be advertised as 550, but will have at least 100 overrun area too. Might be longer, I haven’t measured it. Bulldozers are in now and it seeds later in the year.

EGKL, United Kingdom

2 Annoyances I have with GP, in case devs read here:

1) Doesn’t render ATZs (check out EGSC)
GP:

SD:

2) Renders poorly some approach plates (look at the reveral procedure, the track (359) is hidden by “173” in the GP version
GP

SD

The Jepp plate is rendered fine

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Noe wrote:

Doesn’t render ATZs (check out EGSC)

I can’t remember but wasn’t there a kind of smart display function that only displays relevant data in relationship to your plane altitude and position? Check out your options.

France

Flyamax wrote:

I can’t remember but wasn’t there a kind of smart display function that only displays relevant data in relationship to your plane altitude and position? Check out your options.

When clicking on the airspaces above a point bit, it doesn’t display that there’s an ATZ there. For some airports (further away then the the ones I looked at, e.g. EGGW, EGLD), it does

(I’m on the ground, by London Bridge VRP)

Last Edited by Noe at 01 Aug 15:13

I looked at my GP and confirm the ATZ is missing at EGSG. Can you check which one says right, SD or GP?

France

SD is right (matches CAA chart, which I also have in GP (where the ATZ is then obviously displayed)
EGKB also missing, for instance.

Sign in to add your message