Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin Pilot (merged)

denopa wrote:

This is much better than doing the fpl in GP, since it lets you use the Telegram integration …

Yes the combination of autorouter and its Telegram bot is hard to beat.

EGTK Oxford

@Jason,

Thanks for that Autorouter to GP flight plan tip!

I just installed GP 6.0.4 as my third device “backup” on my Samsung S2. Seems OK so far…

My only gripe about GP (for VFR use) is that depiction of airspace, frequencies and listening squawks is way behind EasyVFR or Skydemon, but on an iPad they can run concurrently (split-screen).

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Concerning the low level routings:

You have to have the performance data for the aircraft and altitudes defined. So lets say you were lazy and had the performance data setup up to only 10.000ft you won’t get a higher routing.

Last Edited by Sir_Percy at 22 May 19:19

Sir Percy, thanks I will have a look at how much performance data I have entered.

EGTF, LFMD

Hello there
I am currently using for Jepp charts a key from my Flight school subscription.
Tonight I wanted to try Garmin pilot 30 day trial.
But they ask for the MyJeppesen credentials and not the key itself.

Or, the subscription is not linked to my “Myjeppesen” account.

Anyone went through this process ?

Thanks

LFBZ, France

You need your school’s login details (username and password)

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Can users confirm that frequencies (for VFR) are still not easily reachable in GP ?
Or is there some progress here ?

Which frequencies you are looking for?
If you mean FIS frequencies, they are still not listed when opening the Radial Menu.

The workaround is to tap on a nearby (major) airport then Freq in the pop-up window where all the frequencies are listed.

Last Edited by Flyamax at 05 Jun 16:44
France

FIS mainly. Thanks for answer.

But also C, D and E airspaces. Can frequencies be reached easily ?

Last Edited by PetitCessnaVoyageur at 05 Jun 16:46

C, D, E airspaces have to be deducted from your Radial Menu airspace information. Every airspace is related to some location (e.g. tapping near TOU VOR tells you that class C airspace belongs to Toulouse Approach). Then you have to look at LFBO (Toulouse airport) via the Radial Menu to see the frequencies you need which is neither fast nor easy to use.

GP is quite no equivalent solution to JeppFD VFR or SkyDemon when it comes to VFR. It is primarily an IFR app which should be seen as an aid to VFR portions of flight (Y or Z) in my opinion. I use it for IFR (where it is unbeatable provided that ForeFlight is not European oriented) and keep my JeppFD VFR for all-over VFR flights. But it is steadily improving and I would not be surprised to see very soon the frequencies attached to the radial menu opening.

France
Sign in to add your message