Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin Pilot (merged)

I leave it as always on re location services but try to remember to close the app when back on the ground.

EGTK Oxford

I do the same. It’s a bit silly that it doesn’t have a “go fly” button like SkyDemon, as it also means you get annoying features when preparing for a flight in a moving vehicle, like terrain alerts!

EGTF, LFTF

But then it records the whole flight, not just from when you pressed go flying!

Small price to pay as far as I’m concerned.

EGTF, LFTF

denopa wrote:

I do the same. It’s a bit silly that it doesn’t have a “go fly” button like SkyDemon, as it also means you get annoying features when preparing for a flight in a moving vehicle, like terrain alerts!

I think a go flying button is childish and annoying – one of the things I dislike in SD. If the app is alive I want it to work out when I am flying.

EGTK Oxford

Just a note that Garmin Pilot’s (previously flakey) “Global VFR filing service” now seems to work. I used it to file, activate and close a couple of hops across Lac Léman last week. Painless.

Has anyone else tried it?

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

I use it all the time.

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

JasonC wrote:

I think a go flying button is childish and annoying – one of the things I dislike in SD. If the app is alive I want it to work out when I am flying.

Well they should do what Foreflight does and call it a “log” button.

EGTF, LFTF

JeppFD VFR has such a button and I missed several times to press it on time in the beginning.

France

That is why I like the Garmin Pilot and Foreflight automatic logging. Otherwise I forget.

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message