Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Upgrading avionics

@ Airborne_Again

I need the TOGA and Smart Glide close to my right hand. The problem of moving the DME is likely the panel realestate and the risk to have more cuts in the central area and weak the support platform. I am already moving the master and lights to where the old A/P was for that reason.

LPSR, Portugal

Which DME model is it?

For most models it should be possible to have the DME indication done also in the 500TXI (which is much better as it is close to where you look at anyways) so that the position of the separate DME indicator doesn’t matter at all

Germany

Why not to split panel? I would think a little about serviceability…

http://www.Bornholm.Aero
EKRN, Denmark

@Malibuflyer no clue.

LPSR, Portugal

LPSR, Portugal

Beautiful! Where will the GFC500 mcp be?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Almost ready to fly

Last Edited by lmsl1967 at 29 Sep 10:39
LPSR, Portugal

Fantastic 👏

always learning
LO__, Austria

@Snoopy, wait till you see the bill.

Meanwhile, my left wing failed the spar inspection. After some desperation, with emails back and forward between me, the installation firm and US Piper parts, one early morning I find a Turbo Arrow IV project for sale on PlaneCheck, and imagine, at the same aerodrome were I have mine to do the upgraded. Initial excitement after to be told that the part number is not the same. Punched in the face and kicked a bit lower.

Mails again back and forward, afterall, the only difference is the wing tip that can be replaced by my old wing, so it is possible to use. Spar inspection done and it is a GO. Uffffffffffffff.

New cockpit, new left wing.

LPSR, Portugal

@lmsl1967 you are no doubt close friends to Our Lady of Fatima since your spar situation and outcome are short of miraculous.

We flew to LPSR pre-COVID to visit Our Lady as well as Saint Irene too!

Keep us posted!

Last Edited by Antonio at 20 Oct 10:17
Antonio
LESB, Spain
Sign in to add your message