Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ditching accidents, life rafts, jackets and equipment, training and related discussion

Survival Products 4 person one, with a canopy. About 10kg. I posted the details here a few times, but there is only one sort which IIRC comes with and without the seasickness pills etc package.

The RFD one at 13kg should be good.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

AF wrote:

Will report back if it really arrives. :)

BTW, it did arrive, and did have some useful insight in it.
Thanks for the post.

BTW,I sell mine.See classifieds.

LGGG

I have a Winslow with a double floor the works. I used it to travel across the Atlantic and a trip to Panama from the Caymens. We did the ditching course and there is no other raft I would want. The most important consideration is the ability to get into it. If you dont or cant get in its useless to get one. So if you have a low wing you just have to hope you can step into it. With a high wing your sure to have to climb in from the water. In a low or high wing with fix gear hope you dont flip cause then your climbing in from the water. Yes we practiced that an even with a boarding ladder raft it was fun.

If we go down to the islands in Greece I will bring it even though it is very heavy. Amazingly it floats. I will wear the survival dry suit the Coast Guard Wears all the time. If its good for them its good enough for me.

KHTO, LHTL

Looking to buy a (2nd hand) liferaft (3 person)

Forum,

For a trip across the Med in September, we are looking to buy a (2nd hand) liferaft (3p).

• Does anyone have a raft for sale?
  • What type and tips do your have for us ?

Thanks

Abeam the Flying Dream
EBKT, western Belgium, Belgium

Have you considered renting? Buying second hand might require a check.i

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Yes, why not renting indeed.
We just need to find an outlet in Belgium / North France. Any ideas?

Abeam the Flying Dream

I have a used 4-6 people raft for sale, it is very sturdy and as a result it is also heavy., also, if memory works it comes with a canopy. Last time it was serviced was (I think) 7 years ago. Manufacturer id Baufort (spelling?)

Ben

Thanks. PM sent

Abeam the Flying Dream

Having recently made a considerable outlay for a 4-man raft from Survival I was disappointed to read a less than positive review in an impressive survey of life rafts (albeit a few years old now): http://www.equipped.org/avraft2.htm, concluding that the Winslow models are the only ones worth thinking about.

Any thoughts/experiences on this?

This also made me wonder about the whole concept of survival and how little GA pilots a) know about it or b) are prepared for it – be that land or sea. Should we not also carry survival bags armed with waterproof matches, firelighters, mirrors, knives and blankets?

jgmusic
North Weald, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message