Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ditching accidents, life rafts, jackets and equipment, training and related discussion

BTW, I also carry a mirror, perhaps during sunny daytime it is much brighter than a strobe light, operative word being “sunny” …

In the end one has to limit how much weight is carried because a heavy raft is difficult to manage in an emergency, so you cant carry one of everything…

My equipment+raft is 6+5 kgs with 2kgs taken by emergency water rations, and it all adds up quickly, so one has to prioritize. Maybe for specific flights the survival jacket carry-on method has to be considered, but now I am digressing…

Any positive experiences with flares?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Instead of a mirror, I carry a CD. It works as well as a mirror but is lighter. The hole in the middle is good to put as strong through for attaching to yourself or the raft. The edges are quite sharp and capable of cutting open plastic wrapping or cereal bar wrappers. Harder to break than a mirror.🙂

France

My wife always carries a mirror, so I don’t have to take care about it – it’s always on board

Last Edited by Emir at 14 Mar 20:58
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

SAR people once told me that a little mirror is surprisingly effective.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Emir wrote:

My wife always carries a mirror

I guess that means your wife is mandatory equipment onboard for overwater flights :)

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Antonio wrote:

I guess that means your wife is mandatory equipment onboard for overwater flights :)

I keep her on MEL list

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message