Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Health / Food / Blood Pressure (merged)

I presume he trusted me? No one has a reason to lie about High BP., as the end of the day it might kill you, and the CAA are quite happy with people flying on medication.

EGHS

The procedure here, AIUI, is that if you are above 95 you get a 24hr monitor. They take the average figure, but they check for any high peaks in the data.

But nobody is going to be watching what you do during those 24hrs, and obviously you are not going to be wearing the thing during a visit to a customer who takes 75% of your production and wants to increase their payment terms from 60 days to 120 days

What most people in this situation will do is take a day off work and take it very very easy.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

But according to the CAA algorithm for hypertension, for Class 2 medicals, your own readings are acceptable. A 24 hr monitor is only required for a Class 1. But you know, who is going to try and fib about this? If you do your own readings and you see your BP is on the high side, you go to your GP who will start medication to lower it if appropriate, then the CAA ground you for a couple of weeks, but then once you are under control with no side effects then they are very happy to let you fly as long as there is not some serious underlying reason for the high BP. Your GP will probably do various blood tests which your AME might need to see but it really isn’t a big deal. I know many pilots with treated high BP.

EGHS

250ml is not a tiny amount, so get one of these

Administrator

Just to complete this “boring health” thread, here is how you do juicing

Before:

After:

Administrator

Is that juicer made by Socata ??

just couldn’t resist…..

That looks decidedly unappetising to me. Which of the two pots do you consume, the odd looking foaming liquid or the odd looking multi-coloured slurry?

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Peter, the next thing you are going to sell us is this?

As one of my Egyptian staff put it after I explained to him how we do prophylactic prostate examinations in Europe: “I rather die a few years earlier than enduring this”.

Which of the two pots do you consume, the odd looking foaming liquid or the odd looking multi-coloured slurry?

You drink the juice. Delicious! The waste can be composted. There is a litre or two of juice and it took about 10 mins to juice that lot.

The alternative is to go to your doctor (who knows everything ) and he will give you some pills. Either ones which reduce your blood volume or ones which slow your heart down. Both with plenty of side effects, obviously…

Peter, the next thing you are going to sell us is this?
As one of my Egyptian staff put it after I explained to him how we do prophylactic prostate examinations in Europe: “I rather die a few years earlier than enduring this”.

I am not trying to sell anybody anything, and you are out of date on both of those points

Administrator

Actually, is one of the prerequesits for healthy food that it looks disgusting? Sometimes it appears so.

I was in Florida a few weeks back and one health concious (= scared into submission by constant nagging in TV/Press and docs) made us go to a “wholefood” place to eat. The only indigestion we ever had was after that shop. Not in the Sushi place, not in the food court in the mall, not in the fish shop on the beach, not in any Burger Joint and not in Buffalo Wings or the hotel breakfast.

prostate exams… some of those guys are all for installing a webcam back there these days. Whatever happened to the loudly proclaimed theory that the best maintenance for prostates and cancer prevention includes regular sex? Somehow I liked that better but the PC crowd did not and it disappeared again. It’s still true….

Why do I get the idea that some of this stuff is more the “I will tell you how you have to live” power game than real life good for you?

The tragical consequence of a lot of this hyper-warning and nagging process is that it will actually PREVENT people from doing the IMPORTANT and necessary things, as they get so fed up with the constant government / TV nanny bunch that people ignore those tidbits of information which are really important.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 04 Dec 16:52
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message