Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Advantages of Schengen - Croatia to join next year

Happy I dont have to spend 200 to 250 Euros for a flight from Hungary to Brac every time I fly there. What a damn expensive waste FOR NOTHING.

Regarding the reason Bulgaria was rejected. Someone wrote it was due to the turmoil of their Govt. I can only say, they should take as an example the USA, which is the paragon of democratic ideals. My suggestion is to invite the CIA in to run your govt like they run ours and all will be well. And dont forget to go WOKE that will help as bonus points.

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

I can only say, they should take as an example the USA, which is the paragon of democratic ideals. My suggestion is to invite the CIA in to run your govt like they run ours and all will be well. And dont forget to go WOKE that will help as bonus points.

I can only guess you are being your usual sarcastic self…

Bulgaria was rejected because of that situation and because due to that situation they were deemed unreliable to guard one of the more important outside borders of the Schengen Area. Which, i regret to say, is probably not far from the truth at this stage.

Another concern was corruption, which is rampant there. So if Schengen Visas can be bought against cash, it would have impact on all of the Schengen Area.

The big problem there at the moment is that no party wishes to work with any other and at the same time none of the parties have the numbers to rule alone (thankfully!) In the US of current, as there are only two relevant parties, the situation is not that different, only that the election system takes care of the forming of government rather than leaving this to parliament. What happens in BG right now can in theory happen in most European states (and others) who run a system whereby coalition governments are the rule rather than the exception. That this can cause fringe groups to take undue positions of power can currently be seen i.e. in Israel.

One of the parties which actually won one of the snap polls recently suggested a change to a direct democracy after the Swiss model, where no deadlock like this is possible. But of course for that to happen they would have had to find coalition partners which they did not.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

You can buy fake papers everywhere.

Even on EuroGA – until the sign-up procedure was changed to individual approval, we got regular sellers popping up.

To paraphrase the Russian saying (“you pretend to pay us, and we pretend to work”), Shengen is: you pretend there is a border, and we pretend to not cross it

In the meantime it creates lots of jobs – for people who harrass for those who abide by the regs.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

You can buy fake papers everywhere.

Only those visas of states whose officials sell them are not “fake” per se but obtained by illegal means.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Unfortunately for the inpatient amongst us, Schengen application in air traffic for Croatia will start on March 26th 2023. That’s what EU Council decided (Article 1, Paragraph 2) because of certain period is needed to all member states to adapt their procedures and documentation regarding handling flights to/from Croatia. It applies both to CAT and GA.

Last Edited by Emir at 30 Dec 11:13
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

That’s OK. Can we still use Kuna next year ?

EBST, Belgium

airways wrote:

Can we still use Kuna next year ?

No or to be precise very shortly. Kuna will be dismissed on January 15th 2023 and after that date you’ll be able to exchange it for euros in the bank (indefinitely) but you won’t be able to use it as a means of payment.

If you have some and you don’t know what to do with them I can share my account and I’ll take care of good use of them

Last Edited by Emir at 30 Dec 19:35
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

If you have some and you don’t know what to do with them I can share my account and I’ll take care of good use of them

You would be disappointed

EBST, Belgium

According to this article (not official), banks will exchange HRK coins and notes for 6 months free and for the next 6 months for a fee. The Finance Agency and Post Office will also exchange cash for 6 months free of charge. Only the Croatian National Bank will exchange notes indefinitely, and coins only for 3 years.

croatia 2023

LSZK, Switzerland

My big beef is that I had to pay 100 to 150 Euros to the Hungarian Immigration to come to the airport before I left and when I returned from Brac.
The question is can I leave Hungary as of Jan ’23 if I am flying to Brac since they are now fully part of the EU without having to clear Hungarian Immigration?

KHTO, LHTL
Sign in to add your message