Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Russian invasion of Ukraine

We have some special rules for this thread, in addition to the normal EuroGA Guidelines. The basic one is that EuroGA will not be a platform for pro Russian material. For that, there are many sites on the internet. No anti Western posts. Most of us live in the "West" and enjoy the democratic and material benefits. Non-complying posts will be deleted and, if the poster is a new arrival, he will be banned.

See, here is the thing I value most about these debates.

Esteban has a different opinion from most here. He states it well, politely, people react also politely, and we all learn, if only about other people’s views.

I share his opinion that euroga is a good place for this, it has not turned into a pub brawl, nor into an echo chamber. And I think is it good to be reminded that we have to be careful that the truth is the first caualty of war.

Here is a great example how this is done. This guy is absolutely clear about the side he is on an that he holds Russia accountable for the dam collapse (so much is obvious from the title), but then provides a well reasoned analysis why he believes it is most likely carelessness (possibly deliberate) but not a well-timed explosion.

Not “somebody said they know somebody who saw trains with tanks in the night”.

Biggin Hill

I watch his videos too. Most are pretty good.

Unfortunately the one on the dam came out about a day before the seismographic evidence.

He may still be right but it looks increasingly unlikely, as Russian traffic radio intercepts mount.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

My main point here is that he is curious and has an open mind about the truth, rather than jumping on the narrative of “the Russians blew it up”, even if it is not the preferred narrative of “his side”.

Biggin Hill

Peter wrote:

Unfortunately the one on the dam came out about a day before the seismographic evidence.

Interesting video and a lot of what he says makes sense. Especially about Russian incompetence / negligence. Regarding the seismograph readings: a big dam collapsing would also trigger a seismic event.

Sure, but he is a former infantry soldier who later got into software. The expert view from structural people (I posted one link, I think) is that dams rarely fail in this way.

Google digs out loads of stuff – example

Administrator

Esteban wrote:

I must admit Peter’s obvious hatred of all-things russian does trigger me, I apologize for that, I am only human

Not at all – just observing the culture Lenin got the Czars killed off (and removed a key source of non-domestic DNA for the British royal family, from which they have never recovered) and started a wonderful culture of human rights, openness, tolerance of LGBTIQA+, modernised their armed forces, reduced vodka consumption by 9.5%, and under Putin things have got better and better since then:

Now they are busy converting yet another country with potential into a banana republic without bananas.

Everything Russia touches heads straight to the bottom of the barrel of mediocrity, poverty, and no hope.

Administrator

Too much pro Russia and other silly stuff posted – deleted.
Thread locked until some new developments appear.

Administrator

After some discussion on the last zoom meeting, this thread has been unlocked.

Remember the participation conditions at the top of the page.

Administrator

The Norwegian government has today decided to effectively double the defense budget. All thanks to Putin The maritime sector will be most boosted with many more ships, submarines and helicopters as well as surveillance drones (I guess these large MQ-4C Triton, flying together with the Poseidons. There has been some talk about it earlier). Doubling of NASAMS capacity as well as long range missiles. 2 more infantry brigades, and so on and so forth. Back to cold war standard it seems

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

The Norwegian government has today decided to effectively double the defense budget. All thanks to Putin The maritime sector will be most boosted with many more ships, submarines and helicopters as well as surveillance drones (I guess these large MQ-4C Triton, flying together with the Poseidons. There has been some talk about it earlier). Doubling of NASAMS capacity as well as long range missiles. 2 more infantry brigades, and so on and so forth. Back to cold war standard it seems

All very good news indeed. Guess what’s gonna happen in other EU countries… what a FU (ain’t Fume) world.
Also can’t wait for the other clown to be re-elected, then it’ll get really interesting.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message