Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Regulation EU2020/877 (all EU airports have Customs without PNR/PPR)

This letter by the directorate of German customs has been issued two weeks ago:

202200059045R_5_pdf

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

That sounds way better! A good thing to print these papers out and carry it with you, as soon as somebody is skeptic.

Still, I don’t have the courage to just fly without some kind of “agreement” with the local customs office. Getting problems with customs is the worst you can have, even when the law is on your side.

Last Edited by Frans at 17 Mar 14:13
Switzerland

boscomantico wrote:

This letter by the directorate of German customs has been issued two weeks ago:

202200059045R_5_pdf

Well, that’s good. You can only wonder why it was not sent until almost two years after the new rules came into force.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

This reply from the german customs direction in Dresden also confirms in plain language thet we are allowed to fly to ANY german airport from Switzerland.

Sehr geehrter Herr ZH8001,

ich kann ihre Aussage bestätigen.

Beförderungsmittel (hier das Flugzeug), die zur vorübergehenden Verwendung angemeldet werden sollen, können unter Befreiung von der Beförderungspflicht konkludent durch einfaches Überschreiten der Grenze angemeldet werden. Geregelt ist dies im Artikel 141 Absatz 1 Buchstabe d) UZK-DA um die Anstriche iv) und v) UZK-DA.

Bedingung hierfür ist aber, dass Sie keine abgabenpflichtigen Waren einführen, sondern nur ihre persönlichen, auf die Reise mitgenommenen Sachen und/oder sog. abgabenfreie Reisemitbringsel im Rahmen der Reisefreimenge mit sich führen.

Das bedeutet für Sie, dass Sie mit ihrem Flugzeug keinen Zollflugplatz oder zugelassenen Zolllandeplatz mehr anfliegen müssenBold, wenn Sie keine abgabenpflichtigen Waren bei sich führen. Auch ist keine Einzelbewilligung mehr erforderlich, wenn Sie außerhalb eines Zollflugplatz oder zugelassenem Zolllandeplatz landen möchten.

Mittlerweile ist diese Informationen auch auf unserer Homepage aktualisiert worden, wie Sie bereits gesehen haben.
https://www.zoll.de/SharedDocs/Fachmeldungen/Aktuelle-Einzelmeldungen/2022/azr_vereinfachungen_zollanmeldung_befoerderungsmittel.html

Soweit die vorstehende Antwort fachliche Ausführungen enthält, begründen diese keine Rechtsansprüche.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Im Auftrag

Frau Meyer

Generalzolldirektion
Zentrale Auskunft
Postfach 10 07 61
01077 Dresden

Auskunft für Privatpersonen:
Tel.: 0351 44834-510
Fax: 0351 44834-590
E-Mail: [email protected]

Switzerland

and this from the french regarding an inquiry to fly directly from Switzerland to Reims Prunay
(I followed up a asked if this would apply to all airflields, as with Epernay Plivot, and they specifically sain NO!
Only those on the LIST OF INTERNATIONAL UNION AIRPORTS (IMPLEMENTING REGULATION No 2015/2447 – ART. 45)
Ill fly to Reims end of the month… lets hope they dont seize my plane and put me in a Champagne prison

Bonjour,

Je fais suite à votre mail du 03 mars dernier concernant votre demande d’autorisation d’atterrir et de redécoller le lendemain depuis l’aérodrome de REIMS-PRUNAY.
Cet aérodrome étant repris sur la liste des AIU (Aéroport International de l’Union ) dans le réglement d’éxécution de la Commission n°2015/2447 – art 45,
je vous informe qu’une réponse favorable vous est donnée.
Un préavis pour le départ et l’arrivée est toutefois nécessaire,
vous devrez donc vous acquitter des obligations de dépôt des plans de vol conformément à la réglementation aéronautique SERA.
L’ensemble de ces informations est disponible et doit être connue de tout pilote qui exerce une fonction de commandant de bord, de plaisance ou professionnel (ccf. Code de l’aviation civile).
Elles sont reprises sur le site de la DGAC "https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr "- service d’information aéronautique – rubrique eAIP
Air Information Publication) chapitre GEN.
Les plans de vols seront à envoyer au CODT de Metz (09 70 27 74 01) : [email protected]

Cordialement

Direction Régionale des Douanes
et Droits Indirects de Reims
110, rue du Jard – CS 70034,
51723 REIMS CEDEX
Tél : 09 70 27 80 00
douane.gouv.fr

Switzerland

Thanks for sharing those replies !

This is the list of French ADs one can use to fly France to/from Switzerland (not all of them are immigration port of entry, what is called POE/PPF, for Schengen but this is not an issue for Switzerland)

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/system/files/2021-10/List%20of%20International%20Union%20Airports.pdf

As per, Art17 & Art20, Chap4

https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/jorf/article_jo/JORFARTI000035871867

https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/jorf/article_jo/JORFARTI000035871864

Art19, Chap4: there is an exception for Geneva that one can visit from any French airport but with 400CHF I am not visiting soon the other exception is Annemasse LFLI which is not on any list but it can be used for Switzerland with local arrangements

https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/jorf/article_jo/JORFARTI000035871866

The wording used in “EU customs code” is “International Union Airport” (what is called IUA/INT), this is assumed to be “Aéroport Douanier” in “French customs code” Art78 and Art119

https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/codes/article_lc/LEGIARTI000006615467/

https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/codes/article_lc/LEGIARTI000006615654

My understanding “Arrêté du 24 octobre 2017” will get updated from EU2015/2477 to EU 2020/877 law very soon but I would not hold my breath for “French customs code” or AIP…

Last Edited by Ibra at 19 Mar 19:12
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

This Wegfall_Zollflugplatz_DE file may have been posted earlier.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The first is old – probably well past 10 years based on what I have seen. This thread describes the Italian version although the last post there was never answered. Germany has/had a similar version. These concessions are not in the Aerodrome AIP (AIP AD) and very few people ever knew about it.

The second is very recent – one thread. Lots of people, particular in Germany due to this – have been reluctant to test it and some pilots known to be very experienced have said that it isn’t really widely believed to be real.

What is the latest on the above two concessions as regards actually testing them?

You don’t need me to spell out that the 2nd one appears to be political dynamite, forcing Customs officers to create a “flying squad” capable of visiting any GA airfield.

One gotcha is that these concessions do not spell out a “PN” requirement, which could legitimately be something like 5 days. Is there any case information on this?

In the combination of these two concessions, the chief beneficiaries are Switzerland, Norway, and the UK. The first two one can partially understand (they pay money into Brussels equivalent to being members) but the last one is inexplicable because it makes life easier for Brits which – regardless of one’s political views – is clearly contrary to Brussels actual policy and it makes no difference to airline travellers. The first concession (Italy and Germany Immigration) was probably not noticed by the authorities for all the years because almost nobody knew about it; I know of just 2 pilots who apparently knew about it (one big one on EuroGA and one well known pilot of Italian origin who routinely flew UK – [a little place in Italy]) although both of these speak Italian.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Not sure that you can combine them.

My understanding of the second (which I have tested a few times in 2022) is that it is limited to flight within the customs union (CH and NO are, UK not).

In addition, there are countries / customs offices who only reluctantly accept them (e.g. Austria, LOIH). At which point you have to tread carefully…

But once you have cleared into the customs union, all further flights within should be fine – as long as you have nothing to declare.

EDM_, Germany

Switzerland is NOT in the customs union, only Schengen.

LSZK, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message