Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Customs and Immigration in Europe (and C+I where it is not published - how?)

C210_Flyer wrote:

That was landing fee what were the Customs and Imm fee?

I believe that they cannot charge you if they are there anyway. Just like at any land border crossing.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

Wow thats unheard of in aviation. Thanks for the info

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

Wow thats unheard of in aviation.

I don’t think so. It’s quite usual at the international airports – no additional fee for customs and immigration.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Well I was referring to the 12 Euro fee.

In the US we had 0 landing and customs fees with no handling required. There were a “few” exceptions to the rule however. But now that I have been properly trained in Europe I find a 12 Euro all inclusive fee fascinating.

Makes a trip to Croatia palatable and certainly economical.

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

12 Euro

It is fascinating. And it’s in Hungary. But landing (and handling) in Croatia will cost you 70-100 euro (or more), depending on airport for 2T MTOM aircraft.

Last Edited by Emir at 05 Apr 21:44
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I flew into Mali Losinj and dont remember a very high fee. Perhaps because it was split between 2 people.

KHTO, LHTL

Emir wrote:

But landing (and handling) in Croatia will cost you 70-100 euro (or more), depending on airport for 2T MTOM aircraft.

I can confirm that LDZA is 100 EUR. Even worse, they charged me even for a landing when I returned back after my alternator failed on departure (50 EUR “only” though, for a technical landing).

LKBE
LDLO Is what I was referring to. But I bet anything that LDZA has subcontracted the airport operations to one of these for profit companies to run the airport and it is because of them that it is so high. I call it the monkey see monkey do syndrome. So if LHBD charges 400 Euros then they think they have the right to do the same because they are in the same class/size or movements. It also makes little Bureaucrats feel important that they can say no or be selective through money. Similar to bouncers in front of certain popular clubs.
KHTO, LHTL

LDLO is approximately 30€. LDZA is owned by French company which is building new terminal. And which btw increased prices almost immediately after taking over the airport.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I hope they choke.

KHTO, LHTL
Sign in to add your message