Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

France "Citizen's Climate Convention"

Great commentary Peter!

Apart from the fact that I do actually like some English food

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I wonder if @nestor has some of his usual great input on this

@Peter of course I do. I so much and totally concur with your statement that I need to teach you the french word “Lapalissade” because I consider it is the one best describing your statement.

Lapalissade

Last Edited by Nestor at 06 Sep 19:30
LFLY, France

I wish I was as cynically optimistic as you are.

I see ecology(sm) as the 21st century communism.
What makes me sad is that some people will continue to look for other “save the world” causes until the end of time.

I see one positive thing nonetheless : if new building is limited, airfields will be less threatened by growing subdivisions.

LFOU, France

gallois wrote:

less choice of times, same problem regarding strikes, including check in and change of terminal at Cdg with luggage (you can’t check through) .

I do not recognise any of this when flying regularly through CDG every 2-3 weeks before C-19… Sorry…But admittedly Im flying out of Bordeaux.

@skydriller, the problem is that whilst I too like the small city airports, not all of them have the custom to run regular services more than once a day or sometimes a week.
Do you really like those steep travellators at CdG? When you get to my age they’re a bit of a strain on the calf muscles:)

France

I have a feeling you are talking about CDG-1 ?? Seen the pics, sixties cool…never been there!! Im usually 2D to 2D/E/F.

Edit: Its interesting to have another perspective.
On “the other GA forum” there is a description of Berlin Tegal I dont recognise, I twigged its because I dont ever fly into/pass through that bit of the airport. Similarly here in Bordeaux – I flew LoCo a couple of years ago to the UK and realised why I had seen so many comments about Bordeaux being “a Hangar” or “a Cattle shed” and complaints about lack of facilities…

Regards, SD..

Last Edited by skydriller at 07 Sep 05:25

skydriller wrote:

I have a feeling you are talking about CDG-1

Ahhhhh – CDG 1 !! Memories! It’s a long time ago now, but used to pass through there many, many times. Beginning and end point of some of the craziest trips in my life.

So the future is Mogas & Diesel ? or electric? or soya beans?

Just keep it optimist guys, worst case “we are all going back to gliding” (along Iceland PM words in 2008 financial crisis, “we are all going back to fishing” )

Last Edited by Ibra at 07 Sep 11:09
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

According to this article (among others), the lobbying for/against this airline ticket tax has begun.
It could finish off CAT after Covid.

Today Airbus announced several new projects of airliners burning hydrogen. I guess they see “zero emission” planes are their salvation.

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

I guess they see “zero emission” planes are their salvation.

Or at least they must be seen as doing something…. honi soit qui mal y pense!

Sign in to add your message