Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

I don’t disagree at all.

I’m glad my family are all legal US residents, although not happy that we’ll have to get tested for CV-19 before returning to the US next month. The Federal government has jurisdiction for international border crossings, advised by the CDC, and that’s the way it is.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 04 Aug 18:17

The UK has got to ~89% and it has pretty well stopped there. There is a hard core of anti-vacc adults (18+) and a tiny % of those who cannot have it for medical reasons.

Still, this is vastly better than anyone expected, with media reports of up to 30% anti-vacc.

So the UK is going to offer it to the 16-18 group – here.

Hospital admissions have also now peaked

so I think one can now have a good laugh at all the “doomsday professors” and all the “organisations” saying this was a “reckless experiment”

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

think one can now have a good laugh at all the “doomsday professors” and all the “organisations” saying this was a “reckless experiment” 

The fat lady has not sung yet. Japanese scientists claim the south american Lamda Variant is resistent to all current vaccines. And it is in Europe.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Yeah, right, this is gonna go on for ever

Administrator

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Japanese scientists claim the south american Lamda Variant is resistent to all current vaccines. And it is in Europe.

Did you read the paper? By resistant they mean that the vaccines are somewhat less effective, but nowhere near ineffective.

Biggin Hill

The confusing items which the Media are publishing without sensible checking or comment has been/still is a major problem.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Delta Really appears to be the worst Mutation so far.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-delta-idCAKBN2F30YI

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

The UK is full of Delta, and half of the country was done with AZ and half with Pfizer, so both vaccines are getting a lot of exercise, yet almost nobody is going into hospital or dying.

How much more proof does one need that the “scientists” the “professors” and the media are pushing out BS?

This is the problem with any “threat” on the back of which money is to be made. At work (electronics) I get half a dozen trade magazines. I could have more but can’t read even the ones I get. Half of the content is adverts, advertorials and other BS supplied by the “compliance” industry. Half the industry is basically parasites, living off the other half which is trying to make some real money and real products.

Academic research has always been very much a “prostitute” to whatever puts money on the table. And in this case we have tens of billions made (just in the UK; hundreds of BN across Europe) by supplying PPE and all the peripheral stuff. Of course people will try to hang onto this virus for as long as possible. 4p gloves going for 15p. £1 test kits going for £39. It’s been an amazing ride for so many shysters, cowboys, wide boys, crooks and criminals.

Administrator

From Iceland Review Online 4/8/21:
“While data shows vaccination is reducing the rate of serious illness due to COVID-19 in Iceland, the country’s Chief Epidemiologist Þórólfur Guðnason says it has not led to the herd immunity that experts hoped for. In the past two to three weeks, the Delta variant has outstripped all others in Iceland and it has become clear that vaccinated people can easily contract it as well as spread it to others, Þórólfur stated in a briefing this morning.”

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Maoraigh wrote:

In the past two to three weeks, the Delta variant has outstripped all others in Iceland and it has become clear that vaccinated people can easily contract it as well as spread it to others, Þórólfur stated in a briefing this morning.”

Stop it just stop it. The CDC, WHO, Her Majesties Health ministers all say VACCINES WORK. You are killing people by sowing doubt and confusion!!! Just listen to the Science as described by those agencies. Whaaaaa, Whaaaa!

Ok I was clearly being sarcastic for many of you that agreed with that statement.

To reinforce that sentence

KHTO, LHTL
Sign in to add your message