Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Here is more doubt and confusion about a political virus. Brought to you by the courtesy of Germany.
https://freewestmedia.com/2021/08/03/german-chief-pathologist-sounds-alarm-on-fatal-vaccine-injuries/

KHTO, LHTL

Research by RIVM (the Dutch CDC) has shown that double vaccination reduces the transmission of the virus by 71%. The research is based on the household setting, where transmission is most likely. Just having one shot almost does nothing in reducing the transmission. Important: this research was done at the time when the alpha variant was dominant and the results cannot be extrapolated to the delta variant. Nonetheless it is believed that a significant reduction in transmission would also apply for that variant. Positive news.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Peter wrote:

so I think one can now have a good laugh at all the “doomsday professors” and all the “organisations” saying this was a “reckless experiment”

Just because the outcome was good in the end does not necessarily mean it wasn’t a “reckless experiment” !

(For the record, I don’t believe it was a “reckless experiment”, there’s too much emphasis on case numbers rather than case outcomes, and you always have the “ratchet effect”, once we’ve had a lockdown to reduce case numbers, then people get uncomfortable when numbers go up but there’s no lockdown, because their “ratchet” got set on case numbers).

Andreas IOM

It’s odd how different perspectives are On the news here in Norway, yesterday and today, is that a fourth wave is already in full force (delta variant). But, it’s spreading predominately between young people that have only gotten one or no doses of the vaccine. Then they say that experience and data from the UK shows that very few get really ill, nobody dies, and long term effects are virtually non existent.

IMO, if all testing stopped today, then nobody would know about this fourth wave, simply because it has no measurable effect on anyone except a few influenza symptoms among the younger generation. For all intents and purposes, it is over.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

That is more or less where the UK is too, except that the very different social / geographic / etc factors between Norway and the UK were addressed by the UK vaccinating 89% of adults.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

LeSving wrote:

IMO, if all testing stopped today, then nobody would know about this fourth wave, simply because it has no measurable effect on anyone except a few influenza symptoms among the younger generation. For all intents and purposes, it is over.

That pretty much sums it up. If you weren’t looking for it, you wouldn’t find it.

EGLM & EGTN

Peter wrote:

UK were addressed by the UK vaccinating 89% of adults.

Well, everybody over 18 accounts for 78.8% of the population, and nobody under 18 has been vaccinated (not the normal healthy ones). The number who has got at least one doze is 67.88% of the entire population. This makes it 86% of the adults, not that different from the UK. The number fully vaccinated (two dozes) is 34.93, making it 51% of adults.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

In France its less with 62.5% of the population over 12 years old having been fully vaccinated.
But is feels like we’re getting there.

France

Oh well I was going to post a senate hearing where Dr Pierre Kory gave testimony about various studies. One involving over 1200 subjects with 0 hospitalizations and ZERO infections in the medicated group. He states: of the 800 subjects which were given Ivermectin prophylactically there was 0 infections. The other group not given Ivermectin numbered 400. Of that number 237 became sick.

With hospitalized patients Ivermectin lowers hospitalizations stays and mortality rate in a very statistically significant way.

So tell me why all the hype to push something that by Pfizer’s own admission only lasts 6 months? That plus the fact it has a narrow focus onto only one type of virus. Now Pfizer is coming out with a cocktail therapeutic that seems to work for 1000s of Dollars and has the FDA looking into it.

Unfortunately I cant up load the hearing its an MPEG-4 movie – 15.9 MB

KHTO, LHTL

I copied the statement by the Icelandic Chief Epidemiologist.
No comment by me. Just his statement.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message