Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

dublinpilot wrote:

What exactly does “mandatory vaccination” mean in Austria? Mandatory means different things to different people,

Not that I really agree with the idea of a two-tier society of vaxxed and un-vaxxed, but it appears Macaroons concept of the “Health Pass” if you want to go out anywhere other than the Supermarket has “nudged” most French into getting vaccinated now. Anyone in France working in healthcare must now be vaxxed too, and there were some protests about this, but in the end most just rolled up their sleeves rather than lose their jobs. This will happen in the UK in march too.

I am starting to think there is no solution.

Vaccination could have worked if the anti vaxxer and conspiracy nuts would not have sabotaged the effort.

Now it is too late. I just learnt we lost a whole family to Covid over the last days in Bulgaria, where people are more scared of “Bill Gates chips”than dying. Well, they got their wish. There are no funerals, no coffins, nothing. In a few weeks they will maybe get an urn to bury. 4 people living next door to us.

The death toll this time will be brutal. Worse than any before. and as the vaccines do not really stop the spread, even though they help, they are only the solution if really everyone takes them. And that won-t happen, at least not in Europe.

At my workplace more and more people are getting ill by the day. Started by 3 anti vaxxers. It is only a question of time until everyone gets it.

This is so much worse than any pre vious outbreak.

How to solve it? There is no choice but brutal lockdowns everywhere. Thanks to the tyrants who keep the pandemic alive.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Does anyone have the answer?
You can point to places which at the moment are doing well or are doing badly. But the next moment you have the opposite.
You can point to a survey that says, lockdowns, masks, Covid passes work. The next study that appears says the opposite. And of course each is quoted by those who support or are counter one measure or another.
So to what and to whom does the public in general listen.
Vaccines are the answer, vaccines don’t work , vaccines kill,.
Lockdown, passes etc are tyranny, anti democratic, a curb on our freedom.
OK vaccines are not our saviour but they are the as far and I can see the best we’ve got.
However, I do not have a problem with having a flu jab each year, and I’ve just had my 1Covid booster.
I have no problem with masks in certain circumstances and I am happy to show my Covid pass.
For me if antivaxxers don’t want to do that let them stay out of contact with others. Perhaps we should be less PC and treat them the way lepers were treated before a treatment was developed. They should be made to walk through the streets ringing a bell and shouting "unclean unclean’. Now that would be Tyranny.
Ahh the modern world, far too soft.😁

Last Edited by gallois at 21 Nov 13:22
France

The places I pointed to all have one thing in common

Does anyone have the answer?

The only answer is obviously to get on with our lives. With several billions of people on this earth, it’s not like the human kind is in any danger of disappearing due to this. Lots and lots will get sick, even with two or more shots, a few will die, and that’s it. Life as usual.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

This is worth a read

It is UK’s main left wing (many would say anti UK) and very-PC paper, so for them to publish this takes some doing:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

It is UK’s main left wing (many would say anti UK) and very-PC paper, so for them to publish this takes some doing:

In what sense would this “take some doing” for a left-wing paper? Is it “left-wing” in the UK to not be vaccinated? In that case I’m glad I’m not living in the UK…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

Is it “left-wing” in the UK to not be vaccinated?

Don’t know about the UK, but the main people I know that seem to be anti-vaccination have one thing in common – they spend a lot of time on Facebook.

The part that I can’t seem to understand is that they all seem to say the same things, and they can’t all be correct – “bill gates/microchips/untested/not that bad/hoax/freedom/masks don’t work/masks kill people/immune system/DNA altering/…”

I got every vaccine known to man when I was in the military ages ago, and probably some unknown vaccines, but I was not too excited about getting the covid-19 vaccines. My strategy was to “let’s just wait until all this blows over” since I didn’t need contact with humans. Once life became a bit painful without the “covid pass”, I said “ahh fork it, I’ll get the jab”.

The most bizarre thing is that anti-vaxxers genuinely don’t seem to think that they can get covid-19, until they are on a ventilator begging for prayers.

https://old.reddit.com/r/hermancainaward/

I’m not a fan of the gov’t telling people what to do with their bodies, but as gallois wrote:

For me if antivaxxers don’t want to do that let them stay out of contact with others.

Well said.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

I read this earlier today before you posted it Peter. I am not sure I believe the Guardian – the source was “anonymous”. Generally things in the Guardian are twisted to fit in with their world view and they believe that more Government we have the better. That paper would totally approve of the state having the power to drag people off, tie them down and jab them.

As a counterbalance, there is the NHS source (totally verified but also anonymous) called “George” which feeds confidential information on figures each week to the Telegraph podcast called “Planet Normal” – these figures prove that the NHS is not over run and unvaxxed people are a tiny/minute proportion of those in hospital.

It is incredibly difficult to get unbiased information but I definitely don’t trust the BBC & the Guardian. The don’t employ journalists who want to “dig out the truth”, they employ angry young activists straight out of university with a pre-existing agenda. The question is, where can you get reliable information? – The Planet Normal podcast seems pretty good to me – it looks at costs of lockdown and non-covid deaths too.

I say it again, this forum has had the best and most open debate in any media. The Governments around Europe should be forced to read it!

United Kingdom

Some sanity for thoughts and sensible discussion….

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow
Sign in to add your message