Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Why would anybody trust the Telegraph any more than the Guardian. It was this forum that informed me that it was known as the Torygraph, when I asked a question about their iffy headlines.
Also I thought the Morning Star or even the Mirror were far to the left of the Guardian.

France

I read this earlier today before you posted it Peter. I am not sure I believe the Guardian – the source was “anonymous”. Generally things in the Guardian are twisted to fit in with their world view and they believe that more Government we have the better. That paper would totally approve of the state having the power to drag people off, tie them down and jab them.

Not sure… the Guardian is all for “civil liberties” so they would not publish a piece which is basically pushing mandatory vaccination / withdrawal of medical facilities to the voluntarily unvacced. Remember the Guardian is “very correctly confused” on the utterly bizzare debate on “trans” which makes most thinking people roll their eyes and fall over backwards.

Why would anybody trust the Telegraph any more than the Guardian

With both of these, it depends what the piece of about. If I read a ski resort review in either, I might believe it Well, to the extent that any such article is likely to be “planted” by an advertiser… If I read some current-political piece, the value would depend on the axe being ground. So one has to read it selectively and use one’s judgement. I would not buy either paper, FWIW. The difference, of course, is that the Guardian is free online.

these figures prove that the NHS is not over run and unvaxxed people are a tiny/minute proportion of those in hospital.

Statistically, most people in hospital will be vacced, because most in hospital are old/frail. This guy basically says the same: apart from old/frail/with nonfunctioning immune systems, most people in hospital are unvacced.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I just don’t accept that Peter. George the “NHS mole” says there are tiny amounts of unvaxxed people in there. People in trouble have on average 5 comorbidities. So a far bigger issue of unvaxxed/ vaxxed is general health. So perhaps he is saying “apart from the 999 old frail people in there with Covid19, we have 1 irresponsible person unvaxxed”.

Why doesn’t the Guardian doctor vilify the morbidly obese as an “unclean” group. It seems to me that is a far bigger problem – but we are going in circles here and I think we agreed that’s a problem.

Where does it stop? We know the vaxx wears off to stop transmission after 3 months, so to travel, why not 4 jabs a year and a mandatory flu jab? Whilst we are at it, perhaps a few Social Credits? – So if they saw Archer-181 flying his Piper with that dirty 100LL and massive Carbon footprint, perhaps we should remove his right to travel completely?

I don’t like the way it’s all going.

United Kingdom

Haven’t the unvaxxed already lost much if their right to travel and the vacced have to prove they are fully vacced?
You can’t really compare obesity and Covid. For a start you don’t catch obesity by sitting.next to them for 15mins.

France

Archer-181 wrote:

I am not sure I believe the Guardian – the source was “anonymous”. Generally things in the Guardian are twisted to fit in with their world view and they believe that more Government we have the better.

Really?
This government?
:-)

White Waltham EGLM, United Kingdom

The reason why I don’t believe the Guardian is I don’t think they lie, but they tend to be “economical with the truth”. The problem is there is now “one truth” which fits in the prevailing narrative. None of the mainstream media cover anything else except the “one truth”

The Great Barrington Declaration was a case in point where Sunetra Gupta Phd and other eminent scientists challenged the “one truth” and looked at the cost of lockdown.

They were torn into by the BBC and press as if they were like a bunch of mass murderers. Google shadow banned them – they are number 1 on Google now with plenty of coverage, but at the time Google had teams of people removing the news & the first reference to the Great Barring Declaration was on page 10 of the search engine. For weeks it was really hard to find on the internet due to shadow banning. No wonder some people think there is some sort of conspiracy going on. This was not “fake news” but some failed politician like Nick Clegg can now decide what information I see.

So I don’t trust the Guardian or the BBC. I tend to get my news on Covid from Zoe, The Lancet and other medical publications which are new free. Also for a light round up every Thursday the “Planet Normal” podcast. Plus this forum! It is all very sad that I no longer trust the National Broadcaster.

United Kingdom

Is this the GEORGE article?

Just back at work now after a few months with a broken leg, and it seems that in our very atypical rural hospital the numbers are thankfully low again (about 4% of all admissions). On the other hand, we send all our severe COVID cases to a different hospital so that we can keep our ICU green, so as an individual working in a single hospital it’s hard to get a bird’s eye view of the situation. We are back to doing elective orthopaedic operations, but I was dismayed to find that other hospitals in the trust have stopped doing them again, despite the large number of people with really severe arthritis due to delays in treatment.

Within minutes, a reply came back. “One of Nottingham’s hospitals is reporting a high level of Covid pressure,” George said, “but the other two hospitals in Nottingham are both green so clearly they are load balancing very well across their three sites.

My question would be whether if there is high COVID pressure in one hospital out of three in Nottingham, is there a local arrangement to send COVID cases to that one hospital? I don’t know, but that would be sensible, wouldn’t it.

Neither the left nor the right wing has a monopoly on the knuckleheads: there are anti-vaxx knuckleheads of all political colours, and the one thing they have in common is that they are knuckleheads. Knuckleheadedness transcends wingedness.

Andreas IOM

I am the anti-vaxx knucklehead, and this is what I believe in (yes, your beliefs may differ):

• We do not need vaccination.
  • We need immunity.
  • Immunity can be gained
    • by getting the vaccine
    • by getting the infection

Sure, getting the infection can hardly be a strategy. Haven’t been infected yet? By all means, go get vaxxed.

But, getting the infection happens at a big scale. Our country has 10 million inhabitants. Out of those, 2 millions got infected officially (there are positive tests in the country records), and some millions more estimated by experts. Those people are not getting it twice at any statistically significant scale. Our numbers of people suffering in hospitals at the beginning of this month are – 1200 non-vaxxed, 1000 vaxxed, 20 (yes, only twenty) who got re-infected. This naturally gained immunity is better than the vax-invoked one.

In terms of my own safety – I am safe as I got this bio-immunity through infection, and will not take any vaccination.

In terms of safety of others – I get tested whenever I plan to travel or participate in a sport event, and wear mask when appropriate. Neither the bio- or vax- immunity is a protection from spreading the stuff.

Vax/Antivax is a good way how to divide society. Perhaps talking about immunity instead would be better.

Last Edited by Pavel at 22 Nov 12:33

What I found unfair is people who of are in desperate need of the 3rd dose (old +60y and double vaccinated or fragile ones) are not being prioritized while we are trying to babysit a large portion of adults population to get the first dose, the latter are well equipped to naturally cope with infection without vaccination and anyway are gown up and probably rock solid, so they can do what they wish

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Nov 12:47
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message