Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Posts which are basically political have been moved to the politics thread.

Feel free to continue there

I thought about this and on balance I think it is better to run the “civil liberties” aspects there.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Ha….Oh Dear Peter. And none of you think this political?

Goodness….

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

This is an interesting statistic in the UK vaccine surveillance report.

What are the thoughts on reasons for the lower case rate in the unvaccinated for any age group over 30?

Dodgy data collection…

The vacced group will correlate with more health-diligent and more socially responsible people which will correlate with those who get tested more often.

Also the vacced group will go out more because they feel “protected”. A lot of determined-unvacced people are keeping away from others; for example I know some here in the countryside who really believe in the 5G theory and who just stay in the countryside (it probably works, if you do small local shops and avoid keep-fit classes which are notorious for spreading colds etc – both are “new age” women).

Adults who are currently unvacced are showing zero social responsibility Imagine this was polio, or SARS with a 10% mortality.

Also remember that the widely (freely) distributed test kits are supposed to be registered (bar code etc – I picked up a box the other day) and then if you do a test and it is positive you are supposed to report it, referencing the kit #. I am damn sure very few people do that – because it lands you into the land of the Indian script monkey harrassment call centres etc. But “smarter” people who test positive will be more likely to report it (and will try to avoid passing it on, whereas the “stupid” people will carry on as normal – just like nearly everybody has always done with common colds). So the data collection will be skewed towards the more diligent people. The “case rate” data is bogus because most of the free tests go unreported.

To argue otherwise is to argue the vaccine is fake and run by the Rockefellers

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

go to
www.orf.at
(austrian state broadcaster)
follow the button: infopoint. coronavirus
then go to daten and karten

this is daily updated information by the austrian ministries and gov

very detailed ! and accurate. can be assumed:-))
no need to understand german.
googlegerman would do.

just look at the data.

Last Edited by cpt_om_sky at 19 Nov 18:31
Austria

What are the thoughts on reasons for the lower case rate in the unvaccinated for any age group over 30?

Are the rates per 100,000 people, most of whom are vaccinated or per 100,000 vaccinated people and per 100,000 unvaccinated people?

I suspect the former. If (for the sake of illustration) you have 90,000 vaccinated people and 1000 are sick, and 10,000 unvaccinated people of whom 900 are sick, then vaccination is likely to be helping even if there are more sick vaccinated people than sick unvaccinated people.

This would also fit with the pattern being reversed in younger age groups who are less likely to be vaccinated.

Austrian Chancellor announced mandatory vaccination incoming.

always learning
LO__, Austria

I am sorry but there is some strange comments above on the ONS data. For Kwif’s clarification, the rates are 100,000 people of each type but nobody wants to believe the data when it does not fit in the the narrative

For some weeks this has been apparent. I think the most likely explanation is that Vaxxed people are going around thinking they are immune and spreading it.

One thing that came out in the last 10 days in a proper medical publication (and I am bloody annoyed I can’t find the graph) is that the Viral load in the first few days (when virus shedding) is the same for the vaxxed and unvaxxed. Therefore the only benefit of the vax is you get less sick not that you spread it less (the same graph) showed the vaxxed getting better quicker.

In addition, I am double vaxxed but I saw a study that the average IQ of the people who don’t want be be vaxxed is now slightly higher than the population who have been vaxxed. I personally know a Pharmacist and a Doctor who have resisted taking the vax. It is not all tinfoil hats/ 5G and David Ike’s out there who have reservations.

Other vaccines mentioned in the past are traditional vaccines which had been tested for 40 + years and actually vaccinated against nasty childhood diseases. Covid19 is now basically a cold and the latest Delta+ variant makes people far less sick than at the start.

United Kingdom

kwlf wrote:

Are the rates per 100,000 people, most of whom are vaccinated or per 100,000 vaccinated people and per 100,000 unvaccinated people?

They are per 100’000 people of that group. Otherwise the graphs would be not be an honest comparison.

They do make some reference to data interpretation and say it may be some impact of those who choose to get tested.

Eventually found the link that the graph is from.
URL extracted from long google URL

Vaccine_surveillance_report_week_41_pdf

There are tables that state that yes, the rates are per 100,000 vaccinated and unvaccinated. The reason I would not have assumed this was the case is that the infection/population data likely comes from different databases and I’m not sure how well integrated they are. Anyway, the pdf draws attention to the issue and has some discussion of it.

The same document also contains these graphs:

which are more convincingly in favour of vaccination.

Last Edited by kwlf at 20 Nov 13:52
Sign in to add your message