Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Well, as of Saturday, all of France (not just Paris) is once again locked down, this time the law says no travel further than 10km from your home without permissions as before etc though inter regional travel “back home” is still allowed over the weekend. For me the aerodrome is 10km from my house so I can legally go flying really locally or do some circuits and if previous lockdowns here the template, then this will be posted on the FFA website soon. As a precaution in case that isnt the case I plan to fly today.

Regards, SD..

Inverness EGPE new rule. Previously leasure flying was not permitted, except for maintenance and engine health flights. Still no landaway permitted.
A1145/21
Q) EGPX/QFALT/IV/NBO/A/000/999/5733N00403W005
B) FROM: 21/04/01 22:59C) TO: 21/04/25 22:59
E) LIMITED GA OPERATIONS ARE PERMITTED SUBJECT TO PPR. FLIGHTS MUST DEPART FROM AND RETURN TO INVERNESS AIRPORT. FLIGHTS FOR MAINTENANCE AND ENGINE HEALTH ARE PERMITTED.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

FLIGHTS MUST DEPART FROM AND RETURN TO INVERNESS AIRPORT

That belongs squarely into the “airport manager private enterprise” department here because there is no legal support for that.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi. I can’t find anymore NOTAM for Czech republic regarding COVID and a must to enter and exit CZ via international airport. If anyone know if it’s now possible to fly directly to small airports to CZ? I want to fly from Poland.

http://www.Bornholm.Aero
EKRN, Denmark

This ’ll make you laugh…

Just had an Email from the aeroclub… As I suggested earlier, only if you live within 10km of the aerodrome can you fly your private aeroplane or a club aeroplane solo for circuits/within 10km of your home…BUT, our instructors are allowed to fly with any aeroclub member regardless of anyone’s distance away from the aerodrome and then there is no distance restriction for the flight and PPL training can continue!!

So…anyone want to explain the logic of someone 11km from the aerodrome not being allowed to go there and fly solo in their own aeroplane, ‘cause well, they might spread C19…yet our instructors can fly with everyone in the aeroclub (wherever they live) for as long as they like, anywhere they want, ’cause y’know, instructors are invulnerable to C19 and can’t spread it at all…

What a complete joke this 3rd french “confinement” is…

In the past, the FFA did deals with the DGAC on e.g. engine running, or flying for engine preservation purposes. These deals excluded non FFA members i.e. private owners. Could it be one of these?

It obviously looks like a FI revenue generation exercise.

@ultranomad may know about the Czech situation above.

Administrator

It obviously looks like a FI revenue generation exercise.

Except that in France aeroclub instructors are “benevole” … as in volunteers that are not paid…

Sure but the club is paid; it needs the income to exist. The instructors get a little bit too, IIRC, from some I have known.

Administrator

skydriller wrote:

Except that in France aeroclub instructors are “benevole” … as in volunteers that are not paid…

We’re not in the same club, but I got the same email ;-) apparently this nonsense comes directly from the DGAC… staggering.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Are schools and collages open in France? If so, it might be that ‘educational’ activities are permitted and training might fall under that.

EIWT Weston, Ireland
Sign in to add your message