Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

I read this morning Austria requires one to have passed a Covid antibody test in the 4 days before arriving.

Another complication is that for some European countries the decision as to whether one can enter or not is based on citizenship, not residency. So for example I would really like to fly to Switzerland where I live part time normally. A UK citizen can go there now, but not an Australian even though he has been resident in the UK for years. Makes no sense.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Are you sure it is an antibody test and not a virus presence (antigen?) test?

An antibody test should be valid for much longer but means anything only if positive i.e. you have antibodies.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Buckerfan wrote:

So for example I would really like to fly to Switzerland where I live part time normally. A UK citizen can go there now, but not an Australian even though he has been resident in the UK for years. Makes no sense.

You are a resident of a country which is allowed in yet you need to take quarantine because you are Australian? Are you sure about this? This would be highly stupid, not beyond the government mind, but highly stupid nevertheless.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Peter wrote:

Are you sure it is an antibody test and not a virus presence (antigen?) test?

An antibody test should be valid for much longer but means anything only if positive i.e. you have antibodies.

Yeah, I would be surprised if it was a negative “antibody test”, as that only means you didn’t develop antibodies (yet) at the time of testing. Doing so might take two weeks or even longer, so at the time you are tested you might actually have a current and infectious SARS-CoV2 infection and still get a “negative” antibody blood test result.

The PCR test test (via nasal swab) is much better suited to examine if you are infectious right now (at the time of testing).

As Peter said, a positive antibody test would be valuable because you would be immune to the virus, most likely for months or longer.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Buckerfan wrote:

A UK citizen can go there now, but not an Australian even though he has been resident in the UK for years.

What are you basing this on? The relevant regulation is here (SR 818.101.27):
https://www.admin.ch/opc/de/official-compilation/2020/index_84.html

It is clearly based on “having been in one of the countries or areas within the last 14 days” (Art. 2) and doesn’t mention nationality.

As I mentioned elsewhere, the list is too coarse nonetheless.

Has France reopened to GA visitors from the UK?

Does anybody here know the current status please? I’d like to go to Tours LFOT or Le Mans this weekend but can only find accounts that “it was closed” -pointers to anything definitive or official gratefully received! Thanks :)

TB20 IR(R) 600hrs
EGKA Shoreham, United Kingdom

Not sure your thread title is very clear. Sure enough, France doesn‘t reopen anything for anyone in particular.

I can only say France was heaving with GA activity two weeks ago, when there was beautiful weather all around…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

No restrictions since 15th of June: https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-UK-and-French-travel-and-quarantine-measures#TRAVELLING-TO-FRANCE-FROM-THE-UK
In the usual diplomatic tit-for-tat, there is quarantine until UK lift theirs on the 10th. However it is only an invitation to quarantine and not a requirement.

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

France GA is open since June, you still need a valid reason to visit from UK (work, family, resident, national…) not that anyone does check this, going back subject to quarantine unless you are exempt or from July10th

Inside France there is nothing to open, it was business as usual since mid-Mai AFAIK, and anyway everything is open unless it says it is closed on the top of the runway numbers: today I landed at the first airfield Caen LFRK in France they now requires 24h PPR for overnight parking (hard parking spot under construction), they still got me the best spot in front of the terminal but not for the night, anything else is roam free as usual as long as you can sort out your fuel and find you way out of the airport even when the gates are locked

Last Edited by Ibra at 07 Jul 22:30
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Yes – I flew to Pau LFBP yesterday. Ops normal. We also did a fuel stop at LFLC. Same.

NeilC
EGPT, LMML
Sign in to add your message