Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

The whole quarantine stuff has become a farce by now. I can go to Denmark and back, no quarantine. I cannot go to Germany without quarantine when coming back. But I can go to Denmark, then to Germany, and then to wherever I want. Then go back through Germany-Denmark and all is OK.

I guess it will prevent lots of travelling, so it makes some sense virus vise, but overall it’s just a farce.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

I wonder when other countries will impose quarantine for people travelling from Germany, at least the part where the big outbreak is currently going on. Germany has become a hotspot and that meat factory may well become another superspreader event as apparetly hundreds of Romanian and Bulgarian workers have fled the place before they could be locked down.

I would expect and actually hope for total lockdown on travel from / to Germany at this point or at least from the states in question. Otherwise the 2nd wave is a full reality.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Careful what you wish for – maybe a lockdown to/from Bulgaria is more likely, given the the “second wave” of infections since early June *
Bulgaria Covid19

Not sure if I would have left the safe haven of CH with the risk preference you have displayed here…
;-)

in numbers of today:
CH 2.5 cases /million inhabitants
DE 7.0
BG 18.7

And yes, I feel prettey safe in Germany, as long as you are not in one of the few hot spots you have practically no chance to get in contact.
That said, Covid19 shows us problems that pre-existed before in unprotected clarity, industrial, commercial and social…

Last Edited by ch.ess at 24 Jun 10:46
EDM_, Germany

ch.ess wrote:

Not sure if I would have left the safe haven of CH with the risk preference you have displayed here…
;-)

I know and you are right… did not feel very comfortable doing this.. The highest risk however was during travel, imho at ZRH airport where conditions for check in were totally frustrating. We did never enter Sofia town which is the hotspot in BG, right now where we are we are reasonably safe, in this district (Tsarevo) there have been no recorded cases at all since the beginning in February. But you are right the travel was a high risk. It is sobering to see that if there are obligations you “have to” fulfil that very quickly high safety standards kept during months go out of the window….

We have family here and a house which needs upkeep (and was found in a rather deplorable state as we could not travel in April as we usually do to clean up winter damage.)

The primary hotspots here in BG are 400 km away in Sofia and some other rather large cities. We are here at the Black Sea. Main danger could come from tourists which are allowed back here from next week. They are watching out carefully though.

The information about what is going on is very well presented by their ministry of health. So it is relatively easy to get the information about where the hotspots are. The general level is still very small compared to other places. All in all, there have been 4114 cases positive in Bulgaria and 200 deaths. Right now, we get between 70 and 130 new cases daily most of which in focal points. Looking at the case in Germany where we had over 1000 cases in that factory alone…

https://coronavirus.bg/

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 24 Jun 12:52

There is enough space for social distancing here anyhow…

Just heard from a local that Alderney is unlikely to lift restrictions until end of August at the earliest.

They let people in only from Guernsey, Sark or Herm.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Administrator

Further relaxation of the rules in NL:

A1337/20 NOTAMN

Q) EHAA/QXXXX/IV/NBO/E /000/999/5255N00454E999
A) EHAA B) 2006252200 C) 2009012359EST
E) COVID-19: FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS
IN ACCORDANCE WITH COVID-19 MEASURES BASED ON THE DIRECTIVE OF THE
MINISTERY OF PUBLIC HEALTH, WELFARE AND SPORT AND THE MINISTRY OF
JUSTICE AND SECURITY GENERAL AVIATION FLIGHTS ARE ALLOWED UNDER THE
FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
1. DISINFECT CABIN, SEATS AND INSTRUMENTS
2. REGISTRATION AND IDENTIFICATION OF PASSENGERS
3. ALL PASSENGERS ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE A HEALTH DECLARATION,
4. ALL PASSENGERS ARE REQUIRED TO USE A MANDATORY NON MEDICAL FACE
MASK FROM BEFORE BOARDING UNTIL AFTER DISEMBARKING,
5. BEFORE BOARDING, A HEALTH CHECK OF ALL POB SHALL BE PERFORMED BY
CREW BASED ON THE RIVM GUIDELINES
HTTPS://WWW.RIVM.NL/CORONAVIRUS-COVID-19/WERK/CONTACTBEROEPEN,
6. COMPANIES SHALL ADHERE TO COMPANY SPECIFIC PROTOCOL.
NOTE 1. POLICE, HEMS AND SAR FLIGHTS ARE EXEMPTED 2. AIR OPERATION
OF BALLOONS IS PROHIBITED UNLESS A DISTANCE OF AT LEAST 1,5M CAN BE
ASSURED (HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS EXCLUDED.))

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

What is a “non medical” face mask, and why it that specified?

Administrator

A non medical mask could be anything covering mouth and nose – as specified by TFL for example

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message