Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Please keep this thread on the topic of airport and flying restrictions

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I popped over to Alderney EGJA for the day, before the world shuts down.

They have already closed the harbour to arrivals and the airport is expected to close to arrivals this week.

Rumour is that anyone returning will have to stay at home for 2 weeks, though there is zero chance of enforcing that on Alderney.

The Channel Islands have AFAIK zero known cases but Alderney is seriously worried because the average age is fairly high and the medical facilities are negligible.

The funny thing was that when I sent the Guernsey GAR to Guernsey (you have to do that for Alderney apparently although I am pretty sure most people didn’t know that) I got this reply:

However, under the current circumstances and the risks posed by Coronavirus, our Director of Public Health has issued strong advice that there should be no travel to or from the Bailiwick unless it is essential.
With this in mind I wonder if I could respectfully ask if your trip is essential or if it could be postponed to a later date?

The funny thing is that it was sent after I got airborne

Administrator

The French FFA has put this out (google translation):

We therefore recommend that you stop all activities in confined spaces (therefore a plane, or an association space) with 2 or more people (no group lessons, no meetings, no General Meetings , etc.).

Solo flight should be OK, but will airfields open for that? And how many people will do a flight without cost sharing?

Administrator

Some airfields have started to close apparently; for instance LFCL is closed until 3/31 by NOTAM

The list of flying restrictions for Norway says none.
Has the VFR restriction been lifted, or is the list wrong?

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

wbardorf wrote:

wbardorf 17-Mar-20 13:23 267
Here is a list of restrictions that is being posted and updated by Eurocontrol:

Thanks that helps

KHTO, LHTL

Peter wrote:

The French FFA has put this out (google translation):
We therefore recommend that you stop all activities in confined spaces (therefore a plane, or an association space) with 2 or more people (no group lessons, no meetings, no General Meetings , etc.).
Solo flight should be OK, but will airfields open for that? And how many people will do a flight without cost sharing?

That was released at the weekend. As of midday today, there is a blanket restriction on movement unless to/from authorised workplaces, medical appointments, or to get groceries essential for living…Any movement with a signed paper. This means that effectively GA is banned, even if not specifically.

Regards, SD..

The FFA has advised to only authorise solo flights, but all clubs seems to have shutdown since sunday. You could go fly if you live close enough to an airfield :s

LFOU, France

Maoraigh wrote:

The list of flying restrictions for Norway says none.
Has the VFR restriction been lifted, or is the list wrong?

I’m not sure what list you are referring to, but it’s all in the NOTAM notam_pdf

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

I’m not sure what list you are referring to, but it’s all in the NOTAM notam_pdf

He is referring to the Eurocontrol list of Covid-19 NOTAMs linked to by wbardorf in post 267. The Norwegian training and VFR ban NOTAM isn’t there.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message