Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Gain and loss of immigration / customs at French airports, and current list

Peter wrote:

Sure; I was referring to the eur-lex-europa-eu generic link.

The list maintained on the EU site which is presumably up to date for all of Schengen was posted here.

The official journal only publishes updates to the list of border crossing points every time it receives them from the member states.

LFPT, LFPN

quatrelle wrote:

You must be the only person sticking to these rules

With the reputation of the French Ramp Checks and Kortrijk, which will be my home base when I get my plane back from maint, less than an hour away, Why take the chance of a run in with them?? I spoke with a few members of the club and the chap in the office a few times and indeed, they all said it would be OK! But they are not the airborne Gendarmes Peter mentions often, in their wizz bang super expensive helicopter. IF they do ramp check you , they need to justify their existence and I don’t fancy contributing to that pot Merci Beaucoup.

quatrelle wrote:

You must be the only person sticking to these rules

You sound French. The French generally think it is ok for them to disregard the law because they are special, and the only reason for the existence of rules is for the government to be able to screw them. Therefore they park their cars anywhere it suits them, even if that means blocking everybody else, and are indignated when a policeman writes them a fine.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 26 Sep 05:02
LFPT, LFPN

Bad news: There are now 13 more airports that will loose customs privileges in France.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-eco/2016/09/19/97002-20160919FILWWW00299-l-union-des-aeroports-francais-denonce-la-suppression-de-13-points-de-passage-frontaliers.php

The list is not official yet but I have read: Abbeville, Agen-La Garenne, Amiens-Glisy, Annemasse, Besançon-La Vèze, La Môle–Saint-Tropez, Lannion, Le Castellet, Lognes-Emerainville, Montbéliard-Courcelles, Nevers-Fourchambault, Vichy-Charmeil

How irritating!

and of course no plan to offer a GAR option….

:(

EGKB LFQQ EBAW

Post moved to existing thread.

Annemasse is going to upset people here who have ski chalets nearby…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Annemasse is going to upset people here who have ski chalets nearby…

Honestly there are plenty of other viable options near by. Between Annecy, Geneva, Chambery and Grenoble there is plenty of opportunity to fly in… That’s if you need IFR, if you don’t and are happy to fly into a non controlled strip the options are even a lot wider.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Annemasse is a big Problem for Swiss people having their planes there or flying out of there. For many it is Genevas GA airport.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Annemasse is a big Problem for Swiss people

Although Pontoise and Toussus no longer are ports of entry it is still possible to fly to Switzerland from these two airfields. If a similar arrangement can be found for Annemasse, all is not lost. Flying to countries outside of Schengen (e.g. Croatia or the UK) will however no longer be possible.

LFPT, LFPN

Fortunately Annecy is not that far away by road, and I cannot see Annecy losing C+I because the place is full of bizjets (=€€€€€€€).

OTOH, bizzarely, the decisionmakers in France seem totally disconnected from local economic matters. It seems to be almost an exercise of principle that the disconnection can be fully demonstrated. Elsewhere it would be called a turf war. Look at Pontoise and Toussus for example… there is obviously not a shortage of surplus police personnel in the Paris area.

The problem with Annecy is the weekend restrictions in the winter; I vaguely recall NO weekend movements for “great unwashed GA” but a Friday-Monday trip was allowed. My best ski trip ever.

Maybe there is a wider issue here. If you take say Dinard and their 1 year delay in sending out invoices, it is obvious to anybody who could run a fish and chip shop that such a “business” is doomed the moment somebody who can add 2+2 gets to see their accounts. And most French GA-usable airports are operated in this way, to varying extents. That is a recipe for disaster in the long run.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The problem is I want to follow the rules but it is getting more and more difficult to get the up to date information to do so.

A lot of good information, from people with local knowledge, is contained within these threads…an up to date file or wiki page would be so useful.

But I realise that needs to be maintained etc etc.

Rgds

Hampshire
Sign in to add your message