Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Very nice!

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

aart wrote:

We noted that the RV6/180HP Conti and the BR23/100HP Rotax have the same fuel flow at 100 KIAS: 5 gal/hr.

lovely!

From what I’ve noticed, all 2 place RVs would burn about the same amounts of gas at low speeds,
mine IO390 is no different

Poland

Well, there are some people here on EuroGA running for the title of best host… the top contender IMHO is probably to be found under post #504 of this thread. After being fed, watered, and driven around, this true European gentleman managed to listen to my mumblings for hours on end, and even agreed to help me find my way back to the continent.

On my way back to the geographic center of Europe, comfortably enjoying the 40-50 KTAS tailwinds, and whilst riding the flight levels and enjoying another casual conversation with BCN approach, I spotted the medieval (really?) city. I’m still not sure what happened, but the autopilot automatically disengaged, and my steed abruptly went into a dive… I was lucky enough to be able to recover as the terrain warning went off, and the only thing left of the ordeal is this shot of Morella. Oh well…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Beautiful pics

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Dan wrote:

I’m still not sure what happened, but the autopilot automatically disengaged, and my steed abruptly went into a dive… I was lucky enough to be able to recover as the terrain warning went off, and the only thing left of the ordeal is this shot of Morella.

Gosh, I hate it when that happens!

Nice photo!

Here’s mine from today on the way to the Matterhorn:

And a short video:

Last Edited by eurogaguest1980 at 07 Jan 21:17
Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

RV14 wrote:

all 2 place RVs would burn about the same amounts of gas at low speeds,
mine IO390 is no different

and funnily enough the 2 place sport RVs (and the -10) all have very similar top speeds… 170+ KTAS. Raced along -4s (with “only” 160 cavalli), -8s, -7s, and we all had very similar all out speed. I still have a few little speed mods in sights for mine, top secret stuff of course
Admittedly we have one -14A sporting the IO-390-EXP119 with 215HP that despite its frontal appendice is faster than all RVs around, > 180 KTAS at 4’000ft…

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Dan wrote:

14A sporting the IO-390-EXP119 with 215HP that despite its frontal appendice is faster than all RVs around, > 180 KTAS at 4’000ft…

Those are fine airplanes! Mine is a tail dragger therefore benefits from somewhat lower drag. On the other hand I installed oversized tires and too many antennas. If you look at the screenshot above, fuel flow is “only” 49 l/h as the engine is more or less at peak EGT. It could certainly do faster, but I was happy with fuel consumption at 14,2 l/100 km
Dynon A/P disconnected at 190TAS that is 10kn to VNE

Poland

Very good performance indeed
We have one -14 sans A flying, 210HP IO-390 version, I still have to engage him, but already kinda resigned

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

pic of the day taken whilst warming the engine up for the forthcoming 100h/annual, the Säntis, 8200ft.

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

aart wrote:

We noted that the RV6/180HP Conti and the BR23/100HP Rotax have the same fuel flow at 100 KIAS: 5 gal/hr.

A bit of comparing apples and oranges in different airframes. Are both engines fuel injected? Also the RV lacks the nosegear Plus (if the Rotax is not fuel injected) you can’t lean it. Otherwise I see no reason, why there would be a (big) difference between the engines concerning their fuel consumption with identical power output.

EDLE
Sign in to add your message