Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Does “Kullen” have an origin or meaning?
(I live near Cullen (hard C) Scotland.)

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Litteraly “the hill”.

ESMK, Sweden

Great helicopter flight yesterday from Cannes along the coast at 500 feet to the Italian border, then up into the hills for some off-airport work. Included a low pass along 04L at Nice, unfortunately no picture of that.

LFMD, France

Nice I did that route, at 500ft-1000ft as directed by ATC, here. Very scenic.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

went to LFMD for lunch today… is it ever outta season? Spent some time in the hold before having to „open“ the downwind due departing and arriving traffic, very busy… nevertheless very friendly, good food in the bay, and cheaper than expected, total €21.34 for each aircraft, pilots only, 2 hours ground time. Will not bore you with pictures of the final approach since all of you guys been there zillions of times… on the way back flew West of Gap, and had a magnificent view on (hope correctly identified, this is slightly off my usual playground ) Pic de Bure and it’s plateau. Lenticularis giving a hint on the high winds encountered, up to 62kts on the tail

Last Edited by Dan at 18 Feb 21:05
Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Nice. But not very bumpy with these winds?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

@aart the more you fly, the less you feel them turbulences
Only one headset to canopy contact for the day… had way worse. Also flying an aircraft with +6/-3 limits and a good power loading gives one some piece of mind

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

alright, since you guys insist…

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Must have been the mother of all side-slips resulting in a Space Shuttle ROD to salvage that approach Dan

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

could have been @aart, could have been… but I was just about to join LH downwind for the 17, after having had to first “reduce the speed” and then to “open to the right” for some departing traffic…

Last Edited by Dan at 19 Feb 17:43
Dan
LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message