Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK GAR form discussion, and UK border police procedures

FYI prior to my recent flight UK-Luxembourg I was asked by the handling agent to send a Gendec in advance, not a GAR. I asked for the form and this is what they sent:

here

Just in case I printed two copies. On arrival it was all the immigration agent cared about, he seemed very pleased with it, stamped both copies and give me one back. I don’t know what would have happened without it but I got the impression it mattered, even though it contains no passport numbers.

[PDF moved to local storage – Peter]

TB20 IR(R) 600hrs
EGKA Shoreham, United Kingdom

That Gendec, Neal, is the “disease declaration” form which is popular in Greece too.

It is obviously meaningless because nobody will admit to carrying a disease.

I wonder it’s use continues?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

NealCS wrote:

FYI prior to my recent flight UK-Luxembourg I was asked by the handling agent to send a Gendec in advance, not a GAR. I asked for the form and this is what they sent:

Never been asked for anything going into ELLX.

EGTK Oxford

Peter wrote:

That Gendec, Neal, is the “disease declaration” form which is popular in Greece too.

It is an ICAO GenDec Peter.

EGTK Oxford

There is another ICAO General Declaration form in circulation, which contains names and passport numbers.
See here.

That is the once the Dutch are requiring, but if I search for it online on the ICAO website, I don’t find it, so it seems not the official GenDec doc from ICAO they are using, even though it says so.

EDLE, Netherlands

AeroPlus wrote:

That is the once the Dutch are requiring, but if I search for it online on the ICAO website, I don’t find it, so it seems not the official GenDec doc from ICAO they are using, even though it says so.

It says it is Annex 9, appendix I, but it’s not. Might be an older version, though.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

It is indeed not the standard Annex 9, appendix 1 form.

On what basis are the Brits requiring their UK GAR forms instead of being allowed in with a generic GenDec form?

EDLE, Netherlands

I spoke to someone “in the system” a few days ago and the apparent requirement to submit the emailed GAR as an Excel spreadsheet is not backed up by any legislation.

That’s why you can send in a .doc or a PDF and they don’t go after you…

For the CTA (Ireland etc) a “notice to a police constable” is all that’s required

I email a PDF every time. That way I also keep all past GARs private and secure.

IMHO the UK would never pass a law which requires info submission using a specific branded product (Microsoft in this case). Any such “regulation” is IMHO deeply suspect, anywhere in Europe.

Administrator

This is the legislation:
An operator or pilot of a general aviation aircraft is required to report in relation to international or Channel Islands journeys to or from the UK, unless they are travelling outbound directly from the UK to a destination in the European Union as specified under Sections 35 and 64 of the Customs & Excise Management Act 1979. Even if pilots and operators are not required to provide notification of a flight it is helpful if they do provide this notification. 1 The term General Aviation describes any aircraft not operating to a specific and published schedule 2 The Common Travel Area is comprised of Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands Under Paragraph 12 of Schedule 7 to the Terrorism Act 2000, the captain of a flight operating between a Great Britain port and Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man3 using a port not designated under that Act, must notify the police at least 12 hours in advance of their journey. Where a flight is operating for reward the captain may not arrive or depart from a non designated port without having approval to do so from an examining officer and to do so constitutes a criminal offence. Notifications must be sent to a constable of the force where the port is located at least 12 hours in advance4 . Reports submitted via approved websites and by email to HMRC’s National Co-ordination Unit (NCU) using the January 2015 Excel version of the GAR form are forwarded to the relevant force.

EDLE, Netherlands

I did a google on some of the above wording (a standard technique, with text in double quotes) to see which site this is found on, and this is out of the guidance notes.

The text is what appears in the post #6 of this thread

This is not primary legislation.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message