Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK GAR form discussion, and UK border police procedures

No difference at this level.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have discussed the GenDec requirements with Mr. Van Eijk. He is coordinator of the General Aviation Backoffice – Advanced Passenger Information
………………………………………………………………
TCB – Targeting Center Borders
Landelijke Tactisch Commando
Koninklijke Marechaussee

So, if you fly from the UK to e.g. Groningen/Eelde and want to continue to fly into Germany (for example), then the Dutch border force people want to even stamp your GenDec. If you then land in Germany, you would have prove of the Schengen entry at Groningen. In case you don’t have it with you on paper but you do have a digital copy of the GenDec on e.g. your iPad, then they will put the stamp on a blanc GenDec form, add some details of your flight to it and hand it out to out.

Flying from Groningen to the UK, they will not stamp anything but you will need a GenDec also outbound.

For the Dutch: the text below is their response:

Hoi Sjoerd Jan,

Ik nog melden dat wanneer je extra Schengen van of naar NLD vliegt je altijd een GenDec naast het vliegplan moet indienen fysiek bij je moet hebben. Dit is niet nieuw, altijd zo geweest alleen gaan we er nu op handhaven en beter op focussen.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Opperwachtmeester
A.(Bert) van Eijk

EDLE, Netherlands

Sorry (not shooting the messenger), but that all-over complicating, over-regulating hogwash.

For example

If you then land in Germany, you would have prove of the Schengen entry at Groningen.

That’s hogwash. The Germans are not interested what you did in NL. They only see that you flew in from NL and thus they don’t care about immigration. One doesn’t have to “prove” anything to them.

They (the Dutch) are just droening pilots in additional bureaucracy. STAY CLEAR!

Last Edited by boscomantico at 07 Sep 14:05
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

All true. Most likely, the Germans are not interested in the stamp at all. However, this is what it is and it seems that e.g. the Belgians are interested in what the Dutch are doing. The Dutch are currently building a system with API interface through the Ministry of Defense much like the GAR system in the UK. The prediction of Mr. Van Eijk is that within 2-3 years other countries will follow. Just a result of recent events (terrorism, smuggling).

All I try to do is talk to him and motivate him to keep it as simple as it can be. Ideally no paper. He is aware of its uniqueness (the stamps) but again is stating that this is how they are going to do it.

EDLE, Netherlands

boscomantico wrote:

They (the Dutch) are just droening pilots in additional bureaucracy. STAY CLEAR!

As a Dutchman: It’s not so bad, please feel welcome. Every place has it’s own vices and virtues…

EHTE, Netherlands

Yeah, such as very frequent, longish ramp checks…such as here for example. Several other ramp check reports available…

No thank you.

I had to do a double take on a visit earlier this year to EHGG when asked for a GENDEC. Fortunately the nice GA manager had one to fill in and Dutch police were very amiable. You had to fill in another one on departure – helpful to understand why they ask for one – should have got some spare copies.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Any personal experience Boscomantico?

Last Edited by Bobo at 08 Sep 09:42
EHTE, Netherlands

No, I avoid it as much as I can and only fly to EHGG twice a year for maintenance, and on these occasions I taxy straight to GE and have them put the landing fee on their invoice…

I suggest looking up “hogwash” meaning!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message