Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Temporary Schengen "suspension" around Europe

Very good news indeed!

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Great news!

Listen, we can go on about the pro’s and con’s of AOPA. And I certainly despise their “charity mugging” letters they keep sending out constantly asking for handouts for the most obscure things, whilst flying their jet around and having cushy paychecks. But when it comes down to it, what other organization do we have that can actually influence lawmakers? Love em or hate them – they are the last defense for GA and therefore worthy of my support.

This is the 3rd case after the Italy tax fiasco and Elba mgmt fiasco, where AOPA has played a role to get oppressive political and/or airport mgmt action rolled back. And we know that they’re working on the Greece situation too. So we definitely need to be local members to ensure that the national AOPA’s continue to exist. Some may be more effective than others, but they all feed into the IAOPA EU umbrella where there is value in the consolidated numbers (read economic $$$$ impact).

LSZK, Switzerland

lmsl1967 wrote:

I have just been informed by AOPA PT that Dr. Michael Erb IAOPA EU President received a communication from ANAC saying that the NOTAM was cancelled on 7 July.

Just a reminder, the process was initiated here by alerting to the NOTAM, passed through AOPA PT ending on the letter presenter by IAOPA EU to the Portuguese Authorities. We all should be happy and proud for this small victory to the GA community.

“Dear Dr Michael Erb,
We thank you for your letter adressed to Mr. Pedro Marques , Ministro do Planeamento e das Infraestruturas de Portugal., regarding the issuance of a NOTAM, A1919\17 or DO296\17, on the subject of imposing restrictions for International Flights from and to Schengen countries.
By this mail, we are happy to inform you and to all your associates, that the said NOTAM was cancelled on the 7th July , last.
With my best regards.”

Thanks for letting us know, we can now plan another holiday to Portugal and enjoy the Portugues hospitality….and the beer..

Excellent news ! That means my trip to Lisbon later in the year is back on the agenda. Thanks!

Great news. One more reason to be a member of the AOPA for years now.

EDDS , Germany

Fantastic news! I became an AOPA member last year and I’m now even more convinced, that it was the right decision

EDLE

Well, maybe I should join too for the greater (or at least European) good. For (perhaps historical) reasons I never liked the Swedish AOPA much. But I know there are some good people there.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 16 Jul 12:39
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Really good news!!

LECU - Madrid, Spain

I’m flying today with my microlight from a microlight strip in Belgium to a microlight strip in France. I haven’t informed anyone (except for my flight plan) and don’t intend to – travelling within the Schengen area…

I’ll let you know if I have any problems, but not expecting any…

Sign in to add your message